FM10 Sounding Hard?

Hi all, I haven't downloaded the demo this year due to college hours being long and me being tired so im waiting till the release date. From what I've read the FM10 is sounding a bit confusing with the new editor and tactics ect..

Does anyone else have opinions on this, im sure i'll get a bit confused but the forums should help :thup::)

The game in general feels more responsive and more user friendly in nearly all aspects of the game i would say. I personally have messed around with it a bit and find what i want my team to do is reproduced on the pitch far more effectively than the previous version. However maybe they are lulling us all into a state of comfort by letting us be so successful on the demo so we fall in love with it and buy it. Then BAM relegation and eye gouging is all that we can hope to achieve when the full release hits ours homes.

The game in general feels more responsive and more user friendly in nearly all aspects of the game i would say. I personally have messed around with it a bit and find what i want my team to do is reproduced on the pitch far more effectively than the previous version. However maybe they are lulling us all into a state of comfort by letting us be so successful on the demo so we fall in love with it and buy it. Then BAM relegation and eye gouging is all that we can hope to achieve when the full release hits ours homes.

Now there's a conspiracy theory waiting to catch on. SI make the demo fairly easy so everybody enjoys it, then make the game harder with a day-of-release patch. ;)

Now there's a conspiracy theory waiting to catch on. SI make the demo fairly easy so everybody enjoys it, then make the game harder with a day-of-release patch. ;)

if thats the case im done for i am finding the demo hard lol

Certainly, the new system is more accessible to new players than previous editions, without dumbing down to the point whereby it alienates long-time players. The ability to select a players role from a drop down menu (ie. Fabregas -> Advanced Playmaker -> Attacking) is a nice touch. I did feel, in previous incarnations, that there was something slightly to algebraic about managing a football team using nothing more than sliders and arrows. FM10 does feel somewhat more personal. In a changing room prior to kick-off, you're more likely to hear a manager saying:

"Thommo, I want you hugging the sideline today, push forward at any opportunity",

rather than:

"Thommo, I have moved your 'make forward runs' slider to 'Often', whilst sliding you back a bit on the 'try through balls' front.

See what I mean? No. It's late.

Archived