fm 2010 player's animations

please excuse my spelling mistakes, as english is not my native's language.

first of all,great job SI!

i was impressed after seeing the new ME. it's obvious you worked hard on improving the player's movement and overall animation's,though there's still a long way to go on that erea.

as an animator myself,i know the tricky part is not always to actully creating the most right and realistic player's animation itself,rather than actully make it "connect" naturally with the player's next indvidual action and implent all this into the ME code. the transition's from "pose to pose" is always a problem in those kind of games but im sure it will be slightly improve each time on every next addition to come.

other than that, the only thing i was a little dissapointed about with the demo is the lack of dribbling /tricks/special moves animations..

i know it might sound stupid,but for me - it's the little things which make this game great every year. take the "buldging net goals" for example. while many people might see this as a minor improvment,for me it just adds a great impact when it comes to the match day experience - every goal is a bit more special now..

after all - the reason us football fans can sit down and watch a 90 min football game is not for the 89 minutes where nothing realy special happens, its for the 15 seconds thats something "magical" does, - ronaldinho's goal against chelsea,bergkamp's amazing trick,all those "youtube moments" that make's this game so special.

adding those little touches to the game,and making it possible for that amazing regen you brought from brazil to provide a truely amazing goal or a special move that you've never seen before,something that you'll remember 4 seasons from now would be a great addition to the game.

i know licensing issues prevents you from actully distinguish players from one another in terms of personal appearance (other than skin/hair colors) but i actully think its a "blessing in disguise" - there is no need in my opinion to show for example the player's faces - the current look of the ME is amazing in my opinion and have alot of charm,just because it's somewhat minimalistic.

but when the day come's that you'll be able to distinguish players from one another just from the way they actully play/move differently - that would be the day that football manager will actully be a true masterpiece.

technicly speaking, i know that making christiano ronaldo actully play like christiano ronaldo or making messi actully dribble like messi in the ME is kind of impossible workwise - as you will have to go on and do that for each other known player in the database - but adding those little touches that will enable those gifted kind of players to actully play a little bit diffrent from time to time would have great impact on the actual game exprience.

in other words - SURPRISE US!

thank u for a great game, your passion on improving and giving us a better gaming expirience is showing every year.

Certainly, the 3D Match Engine still has that basic look about it, but it's worth remembering that this is only the second incarnation SI have released. In 5 years time, one can only imagine how things will look. At this stage, i think it's important to stress that the 3D is a graphic representation of the game, and as such should be used as a tool show whether or not your tactics are working, formations, etc. I dare say that, with time and money, SI could faithfully produce graphics to match those of the more aestethically-minded games (FIFA, Pro Evo, etc), but such a move would detract from the point of the ME. That is, to represent how your tactics and decisions are being played out on the pitch.

Also, FM uses an incredible amount of processor power to run. There are countless calculations going on during a match, and I don't think we are at a stage yet whereby such detail can run smoothly alongside top-of-the-range 3D grapchics on anything less than IBM's Deep Blue :)

Archived