sponsers

depends what you expect of a manager game

your able to do so in some weird fifa manager game but it has nearly no influence on the game

so would it be good? no, it would just be some extra clicking before your able to continue

Used to be able to do it on the wholly unrealistic, yet wonderfully entertaining Premier Manager (PC). All fictional companies, of course, but it was good fun. That said, it was a cosmetic, cartoon feature that I don't believe has a place in FM.

Just read that back, and it seems quite magnanimous, but there you go. I stand by it :)

That is no excuse. I spelt just as well at 13 as I do now.
He is both 13 and English. No matter how bad the schools in Devon are he doesn't have an excuse for that grammar.

If he was 13 and spanish it would be different, but he's not.

Thats fair enough, but do you really have to be so pedantic as to pick on a 13 year old over his spelling? Not saying he is, but he could be dyslexic or something! You never know!

He came up with an idea and voiced it, what's wrong with that? Leave him alone ffs.

It's a good idea imo, but not one that should be included in a game like Football Manager, but FIFA manager. There used to be an old manager game where you could be pick stuff like this.

Silva, i wasn't excusing him by saying he was a product of the text-speak generation. I was reasoning that it is the reason he can't spell, or apparently construct simple sentences.

Back on topic, it's clearly a licensing issue, but I wonder if certain companies would be interested in their name featuring in a game as popular and widespread as this one. Say what you will, it's good advertising.

Used to be able to do it on the wholly unrealistic, yet wonderfully entertaining Premier Manager (PC). All fictional companies, of course, but it was good fun. That said, it was a cosmetic, cartoon feature that I don't believe has a place in FM.

Just read that back, and it seems quite magnanimous, but there you go. I stand by it :)

i remember this game! i spent hours and hours every day playing this. :D

Silva, i wasn't excusing him by saying he was a product of the text-speak generation. I was reasoning that it is the reason he can't spell, or apparently construct simple sentences.

Back on topic, it's clearly a licensing issue, but I wonder if certain companies would be interested in their name featuring in a game as popular and widespread as this one. Say what you will, it's good advertising.

Im not sure. I'd imagine it would be on dodgy ground for teams that are sponsered by gambling companies or alcoholic brands. To get round this, fake ones would need to be used. Im also not sure its part of a managers job really :)

i remember this game! i spent hours and hours every day playing this. :D

Me too :D. Things is, i always remember these features being really fun. Designing your own stadium etc etc. Im not saying it should ever be in FM like, just that i do remember it being so much fun!

Me too :D. Things is, i always remember these features being really fun. Designing your own stadium etc etc. Im not saying it should ever be in FM like, just that i do remember it being so much fun!

from the hot-dog and news stands out the front to the "instant result" button was rather fun to play even if as the other poster said unrealistic. i remember winning the league with barcelona on that game (think it was barcelona anyway :D) too long ago to remember in detail

from the hot-dog and news stands out the front to the "instant result" button was rather fun to play even if as the other poster said unrealistic. i remember winning the league with barcelona on that game (think it was barcelona anyway :D) too long ago to remember in detail

To be fair, on that game you could win the league as Barnsley :D

IIRC they had a rather unique training way on that game. could pick shooting, 5-a-side, passing etc. thought that was rather a good idea but back then i had no idea what the hell i was doing i just picked 11 players and hit instant result. didnt pay much attention and didnt really care if i won or lost :D

Now, Now, leave Barnsley out of this. You.... Ninkenpoop.

Haha, i was trying to play on the Bar from Barcelona by using the name of a poorer team starting with Bar. Barnsley is the first one i thought of, so really its a compliment :D. Perhaps i should have said Barnet.....

The grammer and spelling in the OP is some of the worst I have ever seen.

Good job Kifty:thup:

On topic awful idea.

Did you really have to say that??? I don't understand people who go on forums just to criticise other members, its almost like bullying!

If I'm honest I don't think it would be very good to have this addition, as previously said hardly anyone would pay attention to it and its just another click before moving on in the game.

I've suddenly become misty-eyed over the lack of Premier Manager in my life. Yes, it was unrealistic to be able to complete a season in 30 minutes using the instant result button. Yes, it was easy to get round the "only-4-non-EU-players" ruling by bidding for them before European games (when the little flags next to their names disappeared), but does FM offer you the chance to install undersoil heat, expand carparks or increase the capacity to over 150,000 in the space of just one season, knowing you can comfortably sell out despite hiking the tickets up to £95 a go?

No, it effing well doesn't! We're going backwards.

The grammer and spelling in the OP is some of the worst I have ever seen.

Good job Kifty:thup:

On topic awful idea.

I have a few casual observations, if I may:

1. "Grammar" has no 'e'. It has another 'a' instead.

2. "grammer and spelling" [sic] are two items in this sentence. Therefore, the verb "to be" should take the form 'are' (for the plural") not 'is'.

3. If we are being extremely language-exacting, I'm not sure "grammer and spelling" [sic] qualifies for the quantifier "some"; it's just not technically correct. Rather, you should use "is among the worst" or "are a few of the worst [examples] I have ever seen".

4. There should be a full stop after the word "Kifty".

5. There should be a space between "Kifty" (incl. full stop) and your emote.

6. There should be a comma between "topic" and "awful".

7. "On topic awful idea" is a sentence fragment and thus not correct English.

I have nothing against people correcting other peoples' spelling and grammar - though some discretion and kindness might be observed in the case of 13 year olds - however, I find it somewhat ironic when those people who chose to do so fail to live up to their own standards. In summary, if you're going to make sure that you correct someone else's language, ensure yours is perfect or it will be picked apart.

Did you really have to say that??? I don't understand people who go on forums just to criticise other members, its almost like bullying!

If I'm honest I don't think it would be very good to have this addition, as previously said hardly anyone would pay attention to it and its just another click before moving on in the game.

Barry Town?

I've suddenly become misty-eyed over the lack of Premier Manager in my life. Yes, it was unrealistic to be able to complete a season in 30 minutes using the instant result button. Yes, it was easy to get round the "only-4-non-EU-players" ruling by bidding for them before European games (when the little flags next to their names disappeared), but does FM offer you the chance to install undersoil heat, expand carparks or increase the capacity to over 150,000 in the space of just one season, knowing you can comfortably sell out despite hiking the tickets up to £95 a go?

No, it effing well doesn't! We're going backwards.

Ahh those were the good old days when things were simple. Back when I had no idea where the hell Aston Villa was, or who this Altrincham side I was forced to manage were.

Archived