Sponsorship (FM09)

I was under the impression that they had fixed this in the last patch?

This was a serious problem in '09 that when a sponsorship deal expired it wasn't renewed, my current deal expired in the summer but there hasn't been a new one signed. My kit sponsorship has been renewed but the other one expired the season before and I got no news of a new one being signed, effectively meaning that i'm losing out on at least £10m a season because of that.

With FM10 coming next week I'm hoping that they have looked at this as I could see it being a problem for lower league teams who desperately need the money that sponsorship would bring in.

• SI Staff

The renewing of a sponsorship deal is set in the DB in most cases to either happen or not. The game does not create additional sponsorships but only sets up the basic kit sponsorships. So any additional sponsorships that do not get renewed are most likely set in the DB to not be renewed after they run out.

The renewing of a sponsorship deal is set in the DB in most cases to either happen or not. The game does not create additional sponsorships but only sets up the basic kit sponsorships. So any additional sponsorships that do not get renewed are most likely set in the DB to not be renewed after they run out.

Thanks for the reply!

Can I ask why that is?

• SI Staff

Why is what ? The sponsorship deals are mainly setup by researchers in the DB and if they want some deals to be just one-off deals that will not get renewed once they end, they can set them to be like that. The game currently does not create multiple sponsorships for clubs as the financial modelling does not make the board setup other deals than the essential kit sponsorships if there are no other deals.

Archived