New Nations...

Not too sure if this is the right place but I've started to edit some of the extinct nations on FM 2009 so they are playable as new nations in the game. First nation I created was Catalonia replacing C.I.S, So I put the correct cities, players, teams ect into Catalonia and started up the game to make sure it was running OK. When I clicked on the Catalans I had noticed they had been dumped in Montenegro's qualifying group yet generate no fixtures. However what I want is to keep the qualifiers as they are for 2010 with Catalonia joining qualifying for 2012. Anyone know the reason for Montenegro being dumped out the group and whether there is a way around it. If anything I hope it's fixed for FM 2010!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Its something to do with the amount of nations the game is expecting. I think Montenegro have the lowest coefficient in UEFA so they will be the first to be replaced by any new nations for the WC10 qualifiers. When i have done this in previous editions, any new nations get added properly to the list for the next tournament, along with the nations they had replaced.

I think you can add about five nations to UEFA before the list gets too full and errors start cropping up (cant guarantee that tho, its sometimes a case of trial and error).

But beware, you need to have club teams who can play in europe as well as the international team - i added Monaco to a game as an active nation then forgot all about it till the start of my 8th season, when the game crashed because there were no Monegasque teams to play in the CL/UEFA cups!

Archived