Help me please. Football Manager 2009.

Yesterday FM 09 would not open for me when I clicked on the shortcut for it so today I uninstalled it and re installed it.

However after I tried reinstalling it via Steam it said that the keycode was already in use!

This is bugging me as my computer is the only computer I have registered it on.

Anyone help me please?

bump, please help me
So everyone is happy to let SEGA and STEAM rob me?

This is disgraceful.

Do you want spoon feeding? Rather than mouthing off about people robbing you or bumping your thread after only 20 minutes, why dont you try looking! A good place to start is at the very top of the page where it says "Known Issues and Solutions FAQ" in red letters. I think you'll find the fix you need is the very first one on that page! Honestly......

Do you want spoon feeding? Rather than mouthing off about people robbing you or bumping your thread after only 20 minutes, why dont you try looking! A good place to start is at the very top of the page wher it says "Known Issues and Solutions FAQ" in red letters. I think you'll find the fix you need is the very first one on that page! Honestly......

And if thats too much trouble, here is the link for that thread!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74469

Right i have heard of this happening.

go on mycomputer

then disk drive c

then program files

then steam

then Steamapps

then Common

then football manager 09

then click the logo and the game should start up

Using your own eyes would have got you out of it much much quicker :)

Do you know the link you gave me? I can't seem to find the fix that I need in there.

Thank you anyway for your help.

Do you know the link you gave me? I can't seem to find the fix that I need in there.

Thank you anyway for your help.

Right, lets try from the start. Have you installed again using Steam? When you go into your "my games" tab in Steam, does it say "Football manager 2009 100% ready"?

Yes, I am.

Try this:

IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ONE OF THESE ISSUES – PLEASE READ

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

What we see most of, is people with -10, -1, -703, 12029, 12007 errors, who are simply blocked from getting out on the internet with our activator. This has mostly been Vista Firewall - but there all sorts of reasons ranging from firewalls, to anti-virus to proxies servers, routers and more. In the most severe cases the only program with internet access has been IE or Firefox.

Therefore, we have created a disconnected Activator Fix. This fix will let you create a file, go to a website, upload the file, and then install a response file so that you can play the game without the game ever needing the internet. We hope this fixes the problem for most of you.

If you're having issues activating, then the most common fix can be found below. Follow the instructions exactly as written:

1 - First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

FOR XP:

Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete your license file from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

FOR VISTA

Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete your license file from C:\ProgramData\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Then try to boot the game again and enter code if requested.

If you are you still getting the errors you need to run our fix as instructed below:

Please download the fix here:

http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv3.zip

To use the fix, please do the following:

1) Download the file to your desktop

2) Unzip the contents of the file - You must unzip ALL of the files... (ActivatorDLL.dll, FootballManager2009.jpg and RunMe.exe)

3) Click RunMe.exe

4) Enter your license key under the panel that reads "Step 1"

5) Press the "Save" button

6) Save the "Request.txt" file to your desktop

7) In Internet Explorer - go to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorin...eactivate.aspx - You may also click the link under the panel that says "Step 2"

8) In the web page that you have opened, please use the "Browse" button to upload "Request.txt" to the server

9) Press "Upload" and upload the file to the server

10) The server will then ask you to save a file called "Response.txt"

11) Save this file to your desktop

12) Next, go back to the fix program. Under the panel that says "Step 3" press the "Load" button and then find Response.txt on your desktop, or wherever you saved it to in step 11, for Vista users the default is the ‘download’ folder in Users Documents, for XP users the default is typically the desktop.

13) Once you have loaded the file - the application will tell you if you have been successful.

14) If you are successful - Please start your game.

"FOR XP:

Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete your license file from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate"

There is no licence file.

"FOR XP:

Delete your license file from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate"

There is no licence file.

Then download the fix, and follow steps 1-14 and see if that helps.

Archived