Bosman bug?

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered - I have done a quick search but can't find anything, but it seems like quite a significant bug to me...

Am in my 2nd season with Rushden in BSP. I took over towards the end of the previous season, and, as the squad was not great, set about looking for players whose contracts were coming to an end, and managed to sign about 16! However, going into the next season, the club went bankrupt! When I checked the profile screen, it says I have spent £2.1m on players, which is ridiculous as I only had a transfer budget of £18k! Also, my maximum wage was £1.4k, which all of the players accepted. However, 10 of them are now showing wages considerably above this (i.e. up to £14k!) On closer inspection, this only seems to affect the players under 24, which makes me think it's an issue with Bosman? One of the players never responded to my contract request, but appeared on the future transfer screen as 'Pending' and then in the squad - I know this issue has been reported before. However, the other 9 all 'accepted' a contract offer of £1.4k, but are now being paid up to £14k!

I know with Bosman you have to pay compensation - but in older versions of FM I'm sure you were warned about this - and anyway I would have thought it would not be allowed if it was outside your transfer budget. Anyway, this wouldn't affect wages.

Can anyone shed any light on this!?

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered - I have done a quick search but can't find anything, but it seems like quite a significant bug to me...

Am in my 2nd season with Rushden in BSP. I took over towards the end of the previous season, and, as the squad was not great, set about looking for players whose contracts were coming to an end, and managed to sign about 16! However, going into the next season, the club went bankrupt! When I checked the profile screen, it says I have spent £2.1m on players, which is ridiculous as I only had a transfer budget of £18k! Also, my maximum wage was £1.4k, which all of the players accepted. However, 10 of them are now showing wages considerably above this (i.e. up to £14k!) On closer inspection, this only seems to affect the players under 24, which makes me think it's an issue with Bosman? One of the players never responded to my contract request, but appeared on the future transfer screen as 'Pending' and then in the squad - I know this issue has been reported before. However, the other 9 all 'accepted' a contract offer of £1.4k, but are now being paid up to £14k!

I know with Bosman you have to pay compensation - but in older versions of FM I'm sure you were warned about this - and anyway I would have thought it would not be allowed if it was outside your transfer budget. Anyway, this wouldn't affect wages.

Can anyone shed any light on this!?

Nothing particularly exciting as yet - it just says on the Financial State box on the Info Screen 'Bankrupt (over wage budget)', and my transfer budget reduced to zero (although that might be because it think I've spent it!) mind you, the board seem to be making a big deal of it(!) - "The club's financial situation is a cause for great concern." I'm only 5 games into the new season though so if it has any further impact I will let you know!

it has no impact wotsoeva. i was york and followd thebugles hint n tips. i wa bankrupt all the way to the premiership with the charman sayin"The club's financial situation is a cause for great concern." every month. because of this you can sign great young players and go stright to the top. takes the fun out of the game. now days to mak it challengin for myself, once iv played my last game of the season, if im bankrupt i have to resign. this challenges me to sell players in jan to even the books up.

i hate this.

Little things annoy me when im managing the club, i like things to be perfect, and like to stay within my transfer budget.

Although, when it happens to me, i place the players straight on the transfer list and usually make some money to put back into other players.

Archived