I should have the game by Thursday...

Tempting providence here, but I thought I'd be nice and just alert people to the fact that it is wholly possible to have the game a day early.

Now, I'm only basing this on past experience with games, but whenever I preordered with GAME before the problems with Royal Mail began, I ALWAYS received my game a day early.

So why would I even entertain the idea of preordering with GAME when there is little postal service? because GAME are currently giving their express delivery (guaranteed next day despite the strikes) for only £2.95. And when you spend over £75 you get free express delivery which is what I've done.

So there you go, preoder on express delivery with GAME and I imagine you'll get your game on Thursday as they always send their games out on a Wednesday. But of course, I couldn't guarantee anything.

Just thought I'd let you all know anyway!

Tempting providence here, but I thought I'd be nice and just alert people to the fact that it is wholly possible to have the game a day early.

Now, I'm only basing this on past experience with games, but whenever I preordered with GAME before the problems with Royal Mail began, I ALWAYS received my game a day early.

So why would I even entertain the idea of preordering with GAME when there is little postal service? because GAME are currently giving their express delivery (guaranteed next day despite the strikes) for only £2.95. And when you spend over £75 you get free express delivery which is what I've done.

So there you go, preoder on express delivery with GAME and I imagine you'll get your game on Thursday as they always send their games out on a Wednesday. But of course, I couldn't guarantee anything.

Just thought I'd let you all know anyway!

You seem to be forgetting the next round of strikes start on Thursday. This will be the network division which is basically all the lorries/planes/boats etc. Its done in a way so it impacts 2 days. Your game may get sent out by GAME, and it may get picked up on Wednesday night but once Thursday rolls in thats it, no transport. No mail can go any further!

Yh that's the idea. GAME are guaranteeing next day delivery with this special service, DESPITE the fact Royal Mail are striking. In fact, I don't think Royal Mail have anything to do with GAME's express deliveries anyway.

I think RM are still guaranteeing special next day mail despite the strikes

No, now they are "trying their best to maintain the service". In my experience, special delivery volumes increase loads during strikes as anyone who has something important to send will send it this way.

No, now they are "trying their best to maintain the service". In my experience, special delivery volumes increase loads during strikes as anyone who has something important to send will send it this way.

Ah ok fair enough. Im getting mine via shopto and they are using someone else anyway.

Go Express for Less!

For the duration of the strike, we are offering our next-day Express Delivery service at a reduced rate of £2.95* (normally £4.95) so you won't have to worry about the strike at all! Express Delivery guarantees next-day delivery (Mon to Fri on orders placed before 1pm) for delivery within the UK. (my italics)

- quoted from GAME's site.

All I can do is hope it does arrive a day early as they say.

Go Express for Less!

For the duration of the strike, we are offering our next-day Express Delivery service at a reduced rate of £2.95* (normally £4.95) so you won't have to worry about the strike at all! Express Delivery guarantees next-day delivery (Mon to Fri on orders placed before 1pm) for delivery within the UK. (my italics)

- quoted from GAME's site.

All I can do is hope it does arrive a day early as they say.

That sounds suspiciously like Royal Mails special delivery service.

out of interest if you send something via a next day service and it does not get there next day are you entitled to your money back?

I'd like to think so yeah. But it won't affect me as I spent over £75 and thus my express delivery is free on all three items I've ordered. But in general I imagine you'd be entitled to a refund.

out of interest if you send something via a next day service and it does not get there next day are you entitled to your money back?

Technically, through Royal Mail compensation, yes. In reality though you would find it very hard to get anything. They would always find an excuse for it.

The royal mail union reps are all fm fans and they have planned this to give us much disruption to the fm community and to make us hate them even more, and by gum it's working :D

I dont, i dont blame them at all. I know exactly why they are striking. Admittedly its come at a bad time for us, but they need to make a stand. A lot of the reasons have not been described accurately by the madia at all.

For pre order online deliveries, there is always an element of risk involved anyway. If you have to rely on a third party to get it to you, you must be prepared that sometimes that third party may have issues beyond your control. By far the most reliable of knowing you will be playing on release day is buying from a shop or downloading digitally. Harsh but true.

I dont, i dont blame them at all. I know exactly why they are striking. Admittedly its come at a bad time for us, but they need to make a stand. A lot of the reasons have not been described accurately by the madia at all.

For pre order online deliveries, there is always an element of risk involved anyway. If you have to rely on a third party to get it to you, you must be prepared that sometimes that third party may have issues beyond your control. By far the most reliable of knowing you will be playing on release day is buying from a shop or downloading digitally. Harsh but true.

After seeing the posties picketing the other day holding a beer in each hand made me wonder why the royal mail are trying to change the system and then eureka it's because the post is never delivered on time and we are gettting charged a fortune these days for postage costs and the system needs modernising and sooner the better.

I cant sympahise with a out of date delivery system and if they are going to picket they should cut the alcohol intake out, they might gain more respect from the public.

Striking in the middle of a recession is a stupid time to go on strike IMO. Anybody who has a job at a time like this is lucky and I feel they are playing with fire by going on strike.

After seeing the posties picketing the other day holding a beer in each hand made me wonder why the royal mail are trying to change the system and then eureka it's because the post is never delivered on time and we are gettting charged a fortune these days for postage costs and the system needs modernising and sooner the better.

I cant sympahise with a out of date delivery system and if they are going to picket they should cut the alcohol intake out, they might gain more respect from the public.

A fortune? 35p to send a letter from one side of the country to the other in just 1 night, i'd say thats a bargain to be honest.

A fortune? 35p to send a letter from one side of the country to the other in just 1 night, i'd say thats a bargain to be honest.

Im talking about parcels and everyday goods i flog off ebay and the charges are a rip off and even then im having to claim insurance because the parcel has gone missing :(

There service and charges suck :(

Im talking about parcels and everyday goods i flog off ebay and the charges are a rip off and even then im having to claim insurance because the parcel has gone missing :(

There service and charges suck :(

If they are that bad, why not use DHL/TNT/UKMail or some other courier.

Those couriers require alot of paper work and form filling when your dispatching, not like when you goto the post office and they do it for you, believe me when you have loads of stuff to post the last thing you want to do Simon is be filling and prinitng off loads of paper.

Sadly the beginning of the end was in the 80/90's when a similar strike (not sure of the reasons then) resulted in a whole Business culture change whch went from "Post is Good, what is Fax?" to "Fax is good, Post is bad" - Post almost overnite became less essential & less subscribed to. The Postal Service is very much a victim of the times in that respect, I imagine the final outcome will be a Privatised smaller service...excuse me if that is said in a sad way but then I still lament the loss of Steam Trains & cars with bench seats in the front. But without progess there would be no PC's..and no FM! At least Amazon are alluding to short term use of other delivery services,a note of interest for those that really are just concerned about their FM10 delivery and not the broader picture.

Those couriers require alot of paper work and form filling when your dispatching, not like when you goto the post office and they do it for you, believe me when you have loads of stuff to post the last thing you want to do Simon is be filling and prinitng off loads of paper.

I know where your coming from and i just guess its a matter of perspective. Im not going to get overly defensive about Royal Mail just because i used to work for them and done well there as they do make mistakes. Mail wise though, they cant be beaten IMO. I myself have never had an issue with losing anything, so that where i get my perspective from :)

Archived