Match Analysis Tool - Runs

I'm not really sure where this goes, but here goes: I am really enjoying the depth of information provided by the new match analysis tool in FM10. However, I feel that one important stat is not included in the analysis diagrams, runs. Since almost very other important stat is diagramed, I don't see why runs aren't. Is there a special difficulty in diagraming them or was it simply an oversight?

• Administrators

Probably an oversight....

Lots of people have said stuff on the match analysis, one of them being we can't see all of the teams passes, shots, etc.

Much to improve, but I like it too (good to look at when my team lose and I'm not sure what the problem was!)

Another addition could be progressive analysis in which you could analyse the stat retroactively at the end of the match (i.e. Rather than seeing just the passes a player made, see them in the order in which he made them). This would allow us to analyse the effects of fatigue or change in tactics on the passing of said player.

• SI Staff

We are looking to add the runs past opponent into the analysis tool in one of the patches. It will not yet be in the release day patch since adding new things usually involves new text and thus translations, which all take a bit of extra time.

Thanks (ja kiitos) Riz, I'm glad to hear that you're already looking at improvements to the Analysis tool.

Another things that Pro Evolution Soccer, for example, offers in its game analysis is a distribution map of where the ball/play spends most of the time percentage-wise during a game. Possession as a raw percentage doesn't tell you much, as you don't know if you're passing the ball around in your own back third unable to find an opening, or dominating the opponent's box. Would also help show the different distibution between play along the wings vs. centre of the pitch.

• SI Staff

Yes, we are planning on adding more things into the analysis tool in the future, however we need to start from somewhere and our original plan was to keep it simple and functional as this was a year to keep the game as polished as possible. But like with other areas of the game, feel free to post your suggestions here and we'll see which ones we'll be able to implement in the future.

• SI Staff
I like the feedbacks in matches , its very true. when i watch a full game everything the assistant that is wrong with my team at the match 100% true and i can spot it .

That might be down to the fact that the assistant manager looks at the match and makes his comments based on what he sees happening in there. So you are seeing the same things it seems :)

Instead of starting a new thread I post here a simple question. When I click the Analysis button in the aftermath of the match I do not get up any analyses what so ever. The pictures of the pitch is there, and I can tick off/on what I want to be analyzed, but nothing happans on the righthand pitch, whatever the tools are ticked or not. Have I missed something?

Edit: Never mind, I finde out what was wrong.

The key passes idea is a good one, maybe they could be coloured gold.

I also would like to see dribbles includedon the analysis screen. You could have an arrow that shows where a player started and finished a dribble, green for successful, red for unsuccessful dribbles. Also you could have another arrow following on from any successful dribbles to show whether the player passed or shot and what the end result was.

Add :

- dribbles

- number of accelerations

- speed and phicical condition of each player during one each long runs ( to know if he is phisically able to make long runs without being tired soon, but this should be seen in real time of the run maybe graphic form, showing for one run the speed going up and down for ex )

- physical contacts as a separate item from tackles

- number of dangerous counter attacks ( against and for )

Archived