Laptop Requirements for fm2010

I'm good with computers in the sense of using them, but not in the way of buying them. I'm wanting to buy a new laptop, mainly so that I can run many leagues from different countries and continents.

I guess I'd like to be able to run all leagues from say 10 countries but don't know what are the key requirements to look out for on the information section for laptops on pc world etc. I've looked around a bit on the forums but not found an answer to my question, i've read that you need thing's like high memory or ram which as moss would say 'memory is ram.' and also a big harddrive, maybe a decent graphics card, but i'm pretty clueless.

I'd appreciate any feedback, after all I only have about a week to get this sorted before the big day. If you would like to recommend specific laptops I'm going to but my budget at £400, preferably less.

Cheers.

I'm good with computers in the sense of using them, but not in the way of buying them. I'm wanting to buy a new laptop, mainly so that I can run many leagues from different countries and continents.

I guess I'd like to be able to run all leagues from say 10 countries but don't know what are the key requirements to look out for on the information section for laptops on pc world etc. I've looked around a bit on the forums but not found an answer to my question, i've read that you need thing's like high memory or ram which as moss would say 'memory is ram.' and also a big harddrive, maybe a decent graphics card, but i'm pretty clueless.

I'd appreciate any feedback, after all I only have about a week to get this sorted before the big day. If you would like to recommend specific laptops I'm going to but my budget at £400, preferably less.

Cheers.

same question. i concern more about a large database (more countries and leagues) than the 3D engine or so.

I have a 3-year old Dell that cost me about $700. The only thing I have upgraded has been the RAM (from 1gb to 2.5gb) and the game works fine. Honestly, laptops that are out now for the same price are MUCH better, so, really, you could buy pretty much anything and the game should run just fine.

I have a 3-year old Dell that cost me about $700. The only thing I have upgraded has been the RAM (from 1gb to 2.5gb) and the game works fine. Honestly, laptops that are out now for the same price are MUCH better, so, really, you could buy pretty much anything and the game should run just fine.

Cheers, I'm looking at this acer laptop http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5081440/Trail/searchtext%3EACER+LAPTOP.htm

It's No1 recommended and reviewed as in a league of it's own for the below £400 price range, it's main focus isn't gaming in terms of big screen and huge graphics card but football manager doesn't require either of those, I have a 360 for those games so I think I'm going to go for that unless there are any better alternatives?

I'm in a similar boat! Just wanna run about 20 leagues with a large database and smooth 3d engine. Quickly!

I've got around £600 to spend, but from research will that be overkill? seeing as i only really need it for FM2010,11,12 etc and the internet!

Hope you dont mind me hijacking!

Cheers!

I'm in a similar boat! Just wanna run about 20 leagues with a large database and smooth 3d engine. Quickly!

I've got around £600 to spend, but from research will that be overkill? seeing as i only really need it for FM2010,11,12 etc and the internet!

Hope you dont mind me hijacking!

Cheers!

Well, don't you think that running 20 leagues with a large database will slow down FM 2010 considerably in your laptop? The best way is to buy a high end PC if budget is of no concern!

Well, don't you think that running 20 leagues with a large database will slow down FM 2010 considerably in your laptop? The best way is to buy a high end PC if budget is of no concern!

ummm well i'm not sure to be honest as I dont have a laptop! My pc currently runs it fine and thats only got 2GB Ram and a INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6300 2 X 1.86M I built in 2006. So i presumed a new lappy would be fine?

Archived