Where are people in the US getting the game from?

I already ordered mine through Amazon. I won't be in town the week it arrives though. Will have to wait to get my mail and then activate through Steam. I did that last year, as well. I had NO problem with Steam. I do not understand what all the fuss was about last year. Playing with the demo now, just to get used to the interface. I will continue with that until I know that there are no major concerns witht he game.

STEAM, just like last year. Absolutely no problems with their service but many things to like.

The download times for both the game and patches are great. With the forced purchase of WWSM, in the past, patch links were at a minimum. I hated trying to get patches from mirrors or torrents, either you couldn't find them or they were so slllllllooooooowwwwwwwwww. With Steam last year I was patched and back up and running in about 2 minutes.

Throw in we're getting FM proper and on the same release day as the rest of the world (unless they last minute change us like last year, which I don't think will happen) and I like Steam even more.

I'm also very comfortable using downloaded software so have no problem not getting a dvd. The only thing I miss is the printed manual to take to the "throne-room" for my "daily reading time":)

I already ordered mine through Amazon. I won't be in town the week it arrives though. Will have to wait to get my mail and then activate through Steam. I did that last year, as well. I had NO problem with Steam. I do not understand what all the fuss was about last year. Playing with the demo now, just to get used to the interface. I will continue with that until I know that there are no major concerns witht he game.

I don't understand. You're getting the boxed version from Amazon right ? Why do you need to activate it with Steam ?

Steam, just like last year. Never had any problems with Steam - fast downloads and reliable. I prefer downloaded software over boxed wherever possible.

Normally I like boxed software, but there's no beating STEAM for a non-USA based title like Football Manager. In the past, when I had ordered the boxed copy, it would be 4 or 5 days after release before I'd get it.

So it looks like the majority of you are going with steam. I'll have to really think about that. I don't really want to load steam on my computer. But like I said, I would like to have the game on the day of release.

It's just not that big of a deal IMHO. Run Steam and d'load FM. Put Steam in offline mode and play until the first patch is announced. Put Steam in online mode and the patch will auto d'load when you launch the game and you'll be running, pathced, in about 2 minutes if you have a good internet connection. Go back to offline mode until the next patch in announced, rinse and repeat.

Also make sure you set Steam to NOT run when you start\restart your computer since I assume you won't want it running all of the time. Then the biggest pain is when you start FM it will take a few seconds to bring FM up and when you exit FM Steam will still be in the bottom right of your task bar running (in whatever mode you have set) right click and exit Steam and it won't run again until you start FM. Takes less time than getting out a dvd and putting it in the drive.

Archived