play.com

I was wondering if anyone that has pre-ordered from them if they've emailed you about the personal sleeve you get.

I'm not really confident with them as last time i pre-order they said they ran out and couldnt fulfill my request. Though they are good with normal purchases

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i know the personilized sleeves have been dispatched and some have got them already, but play have been rather slow over the past few times i have ordered from them so i wish you luck with recieving the game on time.

Hope this response time was good enough :D

and i bet its not the book lol.

Your right! We dont get much of a book anyway this year, the bulk if the manual is online so i believe. Its all part of SI/SEGA's commitment to saving creatures such as the venezualan fruit bat and polar bears and the like. I dont care, i want a manual! These creatures have done nothing for me, i'll probably never see them anyway! :D

Your right! We dont get much of a book anyway this year, the bulk if the manual is online so i believe. Its all part of SI/SEGA's commitment to saving creatures such as the venezualan fruit bat and polar bears and the like. I dont care, i want a manual! These creatures have done nothing for me, i'll probably never see them anyway! :D

it makes the game feel better having a quick peep at the manual lol

sorry for be impatient, just when i saw my page being relegated to the 2nd page and people viewing the thread and no one was posting

Well i know the personilized sleeves have been dispatched and some have got them already, but play have been rather slow over the past few times i have ordered from them so i wish you luck with recieving the game on time.

Hope this response time was good enough :D

they've already been dispatched? i havent even recieved an email yet

Shaunjc, dont take any notice of what cynet says some people know him on here as a wind up merchant. If you go onto Play.com website this explains how you get your personalised sleeve. Pre-Order Football Manager 2010 from Play.com and receive a unique code to personalise a professionally printed Football Manager 2010 sleeve! Codes and instructions will be sent during the week of release. On receiving your instructions follow the link to the Football Manager 2010 website, input your code and personalise your sleeve... then sit back and wait for your design to be professionally printed and delivered to your door

I was wondering if anyone that has pre-ordered from them if they've emailed you about the personal sleeve you get.

I'm not really confident with them as last time i pre-order they said they ran out and couldnt fulfill my request. Though they are good with normal purchases

I ordered one last year and from what I can remember they never emailed me to say that i was on its way and I actually had the game for a month or so before it eventually arrived.

It says on Play.com....

"# Pre-Order Football Manager 2010 from Play.com and receive a unique code to personalise a professionally printed Football Manager 2010 sleeve! Codes and instructions will be sent during the week of release. On receiving your instructions follow the link to the Football Manager 2010 website, input your code and personalise your sleeve... then sit back and wait for your design to be professionally printed and delivered to your door!

# Pre-Order Offer personalisation options:

# Your name printed on the sleeve

# Change the colours of the manager's tie and footballer's kit, including their shirts, shorts and socks

# Choose from red, black, yellow, claret, dark blue, green, light blue or white

# Choose either plain or striped for the style of the footballer's kits"

I have preorder it for a month ago.. And still i haven't heard from play. wrote email to them yesterday and they just referred to what it says, that the link will come the same week as the game.. But the game is out in 3 days and how on earth will they ship it so i have it on launch day?? It seems like i have to wait a week minimum to get my game and not to release:( That was way i preorder to get my game on launch day.. or else i just could by it in the stores...:(

Shaunjc, dont take any notice of what cynet says some people know him on here as a wind up merchant. If you go onto Play.com website this explains how you get your personalised sleeve. Pre-Order Football Manager 2010 from Play.com and receive a unique code to personalise a professionally printed Football Manager 2010 sleeve! Codes and instructions will be sent during the week of release. On receiving your instructions follow the link to the Football Manager 2010 website, input your code and personalise your sleeve... then sit back and wait for your design to be professionally printed and delivered to your door

There was a guy on here the other day stating he had recieved his sleeve already as he was gutted because he thought the game had turned up early and as for wind up mercharnt i save that for the off topic forums where they love me not :D

Thankyou for your recent email.

Please note that our delivery policy is always 3-5 working days on any item, also please note that we do not gurantee delivery of any item on the day of release, however we will attempt to post early to try for delivery on the date of release.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards

Play.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the answer i got was this:

Hi.

It is 3 days to release. How am i going to get my game on release day when i don’t have made my cover? It takes more than 3 days to ship the game to me in Norway.. That’s why I preorder to get the game in time to have it on release day or else I just could go to the store…

I trusted you to send me it to release day so I could play the same day it come out. But I realise it is not.. Why?

My order still says 'Preordered' so heres hoping they will update the status tomorrow with Despatched! With the postie strike who knows if it will arrive on Friday or not.

There ARE more important things in life, but i realise saying that on here doesnt really wash with most people.

As for the personalized sleeve, you dont get it with the game on delivery day, you get it afterwards...once you follow the instructions on an e-mail they will send.

Peace and Love to you all :)

Mine says 'Packing' now too :)

I just wonder what they are packing after not having asked me about ther personalization :mad:

As I said, it's more important to me to get the game than to have the additional goodie, but it's still just false advertising :mad:

Archived