An unusually successful run at the '10 demo...

Is anyone else having an unusually successful run with the team they are using the 2010 demo? I have decided to try IFK Goteborg from the Allsvenskan. I am an MLSer; however, since they are obviously not in the demo, I decided to try someone completely different from what I would typically try.

Anyway, off to an undefeated run through 11 games in the season. Had tremendous success in the preseason and won the Super Cup. It is an easy league but you would think I would catch a loss along the way. It will be bittersweet to have to start a new game when the full version comes out Friday.

I would love to hear your stories too...

Finally got my oxford playing excellent, signed a few real good players and then got the bloody popup box saying thanks for playing the demo lol bugger.

Any ways I did have a quick think earlier on weather SI might make it easy to manage in the demo just to kind of promote the game and make people believe its actualy not that hard (although it friggin can be:(), its possible but ive had a few bad saved games Ive deleted lol.

Maybe its the general attitude of "its only a demo and theres no real pressure to pick the best teams or best formation" that you might have ;), youd be suprised :D.

Finally got my oxford playing excellent, signed a few real good players and then got the bloody popup box saying thanks for playing the demo lol bugger.

Any ways I did have a quick think earlier on weather SI might make it easy to manage in the demo just to kind of promote the game and make people believe its actualy not that hard (although it friggin can be:(), its possible but ive had a few bad saved games Ive deleted lol.

Maybe its the general attitude of "its only a demo and theres no real pressure to pick the best teams or best formation" that you might have ;), youd be suprised :D.

I like your cynicism...lol

You can load your save games from the demo over to the real game when it comes out, I think.

Thanks. Not to sound rude...but I read that on another thread, so I already knew that. I do appreciate that you tried to let us know, though. The real issue is that any demo save you put in the full version will not have a good database for a long-term save.

Is anyone else having an unusually successful run with the team they are using the 2010 demo? I have decided to try IFK Goteborg from the Allsvenskan. I am an MLSer; however, since they are obviously not in the demo, I decided to try someone completely different from what I would typically try.

Haha IFK Göteborg is by far the best team in Sweden at the moment.

If you want a challenge try coaching Gefle. If you still are having "an unusually successful run" I am very impressed! :D

I finally got a striker scoring consistently, with Drogba at 21 in 25 games. Anelka got 12 in 26 and Henry got 15 in 24 (both switching between an AM and striker spot).

Poor losses to Bolton, Burnley and Stoke meant I finished in 2nd place at the end of the demo, but highly enjoyable in my venture into Chelsea.

Haha IFK Göteborg is by far the best team in Sweden at the moment.

If you want a challenge try coaching Gefle. If you still are having "an unusually successful run" I am very impressed! :D

I know they are good. My wife picked them based on the color of their uniforms. LOL. You are right about some of the other teams being quite weak, though...

I decided not to actually play past the end of the transfer season as I feel I might get bored of the game before it even comes out but I've had some great transfer campaigns. I rebuilt A.C. Milan, brought in some quality at Tottenham and purchased Villa and De Rossi for Chelsea.

I know they are good. My wife picked them based on the color of their uniforms. LOL. You are right about some of the other teams being quite weak, though...

Uniforms :rolleyes: lol

I had mixed success on the demo to be fair. Saying that though, i never like to "get into" a demo as i know i'll be starting a new save on release anyway. For me, the demo is more to be nosey than play properly.

I struggled with it OK. Dover Athletic, after a blinding pre-season went downhill throughout the season, despite a much improved squad and an England U19 keeper in my squad. I resigned shortly after a disastrous FA Cup exit at the hands of Tonbridge Angels. Started a new career with Celtic and got past Twente before starting to screw up my season in the SPL, but (un)luckily my computer messed up before I could save, so I'm back at the stage where I have to get past Twente all over again which is quite annoying.

Archived