How to get a Job?

Hi there,

Can someone shed some light on being offered another job, I am playing an online game, have a world class reputation but have just been beaten to a job by one of the other human managers who has a continental reputation.

Just wondered why this is, I don't mind him getting the job, just wondered how the selection process works?

Cheers

Having won the CL two years running I moved from barcelona to 16th placed VFB Stuttgart, so it is possible. I think you have to apply rather than wait to be offered, I was offered the Barca job despite not applying, but I had to actively seek new jobs when in charge of Barcelona.

I never apply for a job once my rep is world class, I just delare an intrest in the job and wait to see if they offer me the job or not. I cant see any obvious "selection process" but I would like to think there is one.

I think they could implement some kind of rudimentary interview process where you could outline your ambitions etc. But only if its done correctly.

Originally posted by Cometdude:

I think they could implement some kind of rudimentary interview process where you could outline your ambitions etc But only if its done correctly .

That's the essential part. I played a CM on the playstation a few months back and it had a job interview, but the questions were the same no matter what job you went for and there were certain answers that improved your chances of gtting the job. Giving the same anaswers to Barca and Wolves meant you still got either job as it was based on answering correctly rather than appropriately.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cometdude:

I think they could implement some kind of rudimentary interview process where you could outline your ambitions etc But only if its done correctly .

That's the essential part. I played a CM on the playstation a few months back and it had a job interview, but the questions were the same no matter what job you went for and there were certain answers that improved your chances of gtting the job. Giving the same anaswers to Barca and Wolves meant you still got either job as it was based on answering correctly rather than appropriately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be how NOT to do it then. I think if they ever did look at it then the chairmen should have some tactical preferences in the first place ie; they like attacking football, or a passing game etc. then that should be compared with your favoured way of playing. I'm only thinking out loud so to speak.

I was managing Real Madrid, and was world class having moved from Villa, to Roma, then to Real Madrid, was reasonably bored and looking for a 'new challenge' when Mark Hughes (Chelsea Manager) was described as being insecure in the press, I declared an interest in the job and Abramovich promptly sacked MH and offered me the job..... didn't make me feel great about myself and felt sorry for Hughes but took the job anyway!!

Originally posted by Ryknow:

Can someone explain why Mourinho and Walter Smith(I take his job at the start) dont get jobs?

Man Utd and Arsenal have shitty English managers now, I hope they fix this.

Mourinho, as irl when he only joined Inter despite rejecting Tottenham and Valencia, only wants a massive club job. On my longest term game, he went to Porto from 2010-2012, then to super rich Portsmouth where he won the league.

Man U always seem to appoint Steve Bruce or Bryan Robson, despite them having been sacked by championship clubs.

Hmmmm, interesting, maybe why a club like Boca appointed my continental rep friend and not World Class me, I guess I'll just have to wait for the Real Madrid job!!!

I think an interview etc would be good, you tell them what budget you would like, style of play, thoughts on success etc, kind of an expanded Board Expectations screen.

Hope you're reading this SI guys LOL!

Oh well, I'll just have to concentrate on getting to the World Premier League with Vasco, only 3 more promotions to go!

on mine, man united went coppell, javier aguirre and now steve bruce and none of them has won anything!!!

chelsea went from grant to michael laudrup

liverpool replaced rafa (who got the spain job) with kevin keegan

arsenal have still got wenger and win the league every year!!!!

the moral of the story is....

Archived