Players a little better than they shoud be ? Involves player naming

Ok I have been playing the demo and can't help but notice Tevez is far to overated he has now scored an incredible 25 goals in 18 games now don't get me wrong Tevez is a good worker and creator but a prolific goalscorer he certainly aint. He was exactly the same on Fm 09 too and I think he needs to be toned down a bit in the upcoming patch. Has anyone found any other players that might need down toning a bit yet ?

Any issues should be posted in the relevant data threads, it will be better addressed in there.

A few people have mentioned Tevez tbh. When i played the demo i drew Man City in the cup, and Tevez scored 2 in the forst 10 minutes. Its hardly unbelievable in a one of game, but it did get me thinking about how many others he scored. Shame i didnt look really.

Any issues should be posted in the relevant data threads, it will be better addressed in there.

A few people have mentioned Tevez tbh. When i played the demo i drew Man City in the cup, and Tevez scored 2 in the forst 10 minutes. Its hardly unbelievable in a one of game, but it did get me thinking about how many others he scored. Shame i didnt look really.

He's ridicoulous on ths version in fact i thought the whole city team was a little bit too good perhaps the city researcher got a little carried away ha ha

2001–2004 Boca Juniors 75 (26)

2005–2006 Corinthians 52 (31)

2006–2007 West Ham United 26 (7)

2007–2009 Manchester United 63 (19)

2009– Manchester City 5 (2)

Source: Wikipedia. Appearances then (goals).

For me is he world-class? No way. Played well in South America but in the EPL so far he has not been good enough, period. Capable of brilliance, but here one day and gone the next springs to mind. :)

I wouldnt even say that tbh. If he does create chances for others its usually more to do with his work rate and how he hassles his opponents.

Hes not a striker or playmaker in my opinion, more of a forward. But the first thing that come of lots of peoples minds is, oh he's a good team player and hard worker. I thnik thats because theres not a great deal to say about him to be honest. :)

Moving away from Tevez, has anyone noticed that a great number of players attributes have seemingly been reduced from FM09?

Yeah Veloso has I think, hes the first one that springs to mind but it happens every year. I have not seen him play much in real life but he can not be as good as he was rated in FM09. Cassano seems to be one that is overrated this year and next year he may be toned down. :) There are many like him but it is subjective!

I think he has been toned down a bit, quite a bit too - look at off the ball for instance:

adebayor.jpg

adebayor2.jpg

Yeah 4 points is a big jump - for me this is too much, not in terms of his ability but generally for any player a points adjustment of 4 places- you have to ask a few questions and say hang on a minute!

Edit: Maybe this is irrelevant (crossing is not really applicable for strikers) but his crossing has changes from 11 to 5. A move of 6 places! How can this be justified - some my say it is right but what does it say for the attribute from the previous year.

Cassano seems to be one that is overrated this year and next year he may be toned down. :) There are many like him but it is subjective!

Yes he has been bumped up quite significantly in passing, decisions, creativity, strength, workrate, stamina & teamwork. Just don't have him on 'long shots often' this year...

cassano.jpg

cassano2.jpg

Yeah 4 points is a big jump - for me this is too much, not in terms of his ability but generally for any player a points adjustment of 4 places- you have to ask a few questions and say hang on a minute!

Yeah, he's taken a bit of a kicking by the resercher. On his day he is still one of the best strikers on the planet but now he has only two stats over 15 in the technical and mental attribute categories and one of those is penalty taking.

Archived