Cant buy anybody...?

Just downloaded the demo and impressed with some of the additions, nice to see Man United get the right amount of cash as i wanted to bring in the players Fergie should have, and possibly would have without the price boom this summer.

Anyways, been looking into various players, my main targets were David Silva and Franck Ribery, both targets for Fergie and Silva atleast has expressed interest R/L.

Neither seem against the move, but i just cant buy them for realistic or even high amounts.

Ribery iv been upto 50mill which is too high even with the current price boom, Valencia have told me they want 44Million.... yet Silva is rated at 10.75M

Also tried a few others and generally im findings clubs are wanting 3 tiems the players value, and generally i have to start all bids at 30-35 mill.

My Question.

Is this just a price boom added for the first summer to mirror r/l, or is this stupid affair going to continue in january and beyond.

Obviously this wont have a major effect on my lower league teams, but im a Red Manc and want to also play United...if all im doing is coasting through clicking submit team all season.....whats the point, i want to bring in different players and play try my own styles.

Also - Whats with big teams buying random bad players

Bayen was not prepared to let Ribery go this summer for less than 50mill so thats realistic and so is the Silva for 44mill even though he's mv is 10.75.

Think there is nothing wrong in those prices those clubs want.

Cant answer with the summer to mirror as the demo stops on Jan 2nd.

Yeah there has been some threads with regards to random buys from big clubs for golden oldies and hopefully that might get fixed in a patch at sometime.

All players in Spain have a minimum release fee in their contracts so maybe 44 million is what Silva's is and that is what you'll have to pay before Valencia agree to part with the player.

I know Bayern supposedly said they wouldnt take 50mill for Ribery this summer, thats why i asked if it was to mirror R/L just for this summer. If not, Ribery aint worth that, nobody is apart frrm Messi.

Silva worth 44million? are you insane, dont get me wrong i rate him as one of if nto the best left winger in the world but 44 million.....

If thats right, even the best teams would be 1 or 2 man teams. Apart from Man City/Real Madrid, nobody could afford more than 2 world class players in their squad.

Major transfers should eb around 35mill tops, 50 reserved for the likes of Messi.

I just fear that if this summer's prices are left ingame and carry through to january and next season, big teams wont have the budgets to buy players on the same par as their teams are currently.

Also, AI teams dont seem to have the same problem, Im playing Man United, Real and Chelsea, along with buying crap players, are still picking up world class players for 15-25mill.

Hopefully the january/second season will improve that, and ill just have to leave the 80mill i have to gateher dust until then

On a side note, People seem to be complaining about Debts not being in-game, for Man United in particular...yet it is.

Valencia are desperate for cash....they should be looking to make money on the likes of Silva, Mata and Villa, not price them so high nobody will buy

On a side note, People seem to be complaining about Debts not being in-game, for Man United in particular...yet it is.

Valencia are desperate for cash....they should be looking to make money on the likes of Silva, Mata and Villa, not price them so high nobody will buy

There's a big difference between being in debt and desperate for cash. IRL Valencia did price Villa and Silva out of the market.

The Silva value is too high. The Ribery one is fine though.

Valencia rejected a £60m bid from me for Villa. I don't mean to sound critical because i know it must be difficult to reflect real life prices, but i'm pretty sure Valencia would have accepted an offer of £50m-£60m from Real or Barca. Valencia did accept my £240m bid, but apparently the Man City board didn't agree that it was "within the clubs budget". :rolleyes:

I got De Rossi for £35m which i thought was realistic.

Then again, Arsenal quoted me something like £45m for Sagna. Now, i appreciate that people argue that this is to do with how the selling club value the player, or that they say big prices to put interest off. But this is Bacary Sagna we're talking about. If somebody offers you £30m for Bacary Sagna, you take the money and run. Especially Arsene Wenger, who would sell his best player if the price is right.

On a similar DR theme, it took me £20.5m to buy Anthony Reveillere of Lyon. :eek: It's a good job Man City have money coming out of their arse. It was between him and Sagna, and £20m 29-year-old 5-cap Frenchman was the cheaper option.

But then on the flip side i got Van der Vaart for £7.5m which represents great value for money. However, that is because Real Madrid have him on the transfer list.

Also, i got Mexes for £17.75m, which like De Rossi is a fair price. Perhaps it's just Roma? ...

It took £28m for me to land Balotelli, but this is understandable (if overpriced) because he's a wonderkid and extremely highly rated. My other signing was Cassano, who cost £27.5m. I suppose his great ability represents this.

I'd add that these signings were made as soon as possible, and little negotiating took place. If you tried softening the clubs guard over a period of time, and you unsettled that player, their price would maybe be more reasonable.

I just had a play around on the demo to see who i could buy with the top clubs, trying to buy in positions i felt they could strengthen in. This is without raising any money myself.

Arsenal

- Igor Akinfeev (£35m)

- Daniele De Rossi (£30m)

Chelsea

- Andrea Pirlo (£21m)

- Rafael Van der Vaart (£7.5m)

- Robinho (£50m)

Liverpool

- ... *

* Liverpool are skint on FM10!

Manchester United

- Cristian Zapata (£13m)

- Rafael Van der Vaart (£7.5m)

- David Silva (£41m)

- David Villa (£80m)

Some of the prices are very expensive but with the money Arsenal, Chelsea and United have to begin with there's no reason why you can't buy top quality players.

Archived