£90 a week bug

Yep. I bid on Opare and it was accepted. He wanted wages somewhere in the region of £250 a week. I agreed but he rejected and asked for £90 a week instead!! So again I agreed but he rejected and didn't proceed negotiations any further.

BUG I think?

Do they ask for £90 per week and then accept when you offer them that amount, or do they reject the contract? I'd happily pay a superstar £90 per week. I'd justify it by saying he's not in the game for the money :D

well if its common then it should be dealt with surely

It's been in the game for over a year but apparently is proving elusive. I had a similar bug in a project I oversaw some years ago; a tracking service like the ones UPS offer. The bug was that package weights were occasionally, at random, incorrectly parsed. I had someone rewrite an entire module (the 'obvious' one, like rewriting the contract module would be for SI) and it didn't fix it. Took 4 days for him to do.

I do wonder what the next step is for SI in this bugfix though. It's obviously not a matter of time or looking carefully, because they've had a very long time to look for it. Maybe they could open source the game and offer a reward? Say, £90p/w for a year? :D

As SCIAG said, it's apparently pretty hard to reproduce and iirc, you don't know it has happened until it's too late ie if you back out of the screen to save or whatever, then go back into the screen it goes back to normal.

• SI Staff

We've actually tracked down the most likely cause for this issue in the last two weeks and we've included those changes in the patch. Naturally we haven't been yet able to confirm 100% that this fully fixes the issue, since the only way to know if it is still in is to encounter it by random chance while playing.

• SI Staff

This particular bug would not reproduce from a saved game, so figuring out why it happened was a bit difficult. Usually with a regular bug, you get a bug report identifying the effect of the bug (like in this case the wage demand being wrong) and a saved game from which to reproduce the issue, so you can step through the code line-by-line to figure out what causes the unwanted effect.

In this case the effect happened at random so tracking it down had to be done by going through all the code related to the setting up of the particular screen to try and figure out what could be causing the said effect. And even when you figure out a bit of code that could possible cause the effect, you still need to track down the bit of code that causes that other bit of code to go wrong in the first place. And since the bug only happened at random, there was no way of really testing the fixes as you could run the game fine for several times without coming across the bug even without the fix in place.

It is a bug, but it can't be reproduced and nobody can tell what causes it. If you offer the contract again, it will be the correct amount.

The only problem with that is if another club has an offer accepted. I was Valencia and mad an offer that was accepted for Van Nistelrooy (he was transfer listed). Had bids from various other clubs accepted as well, and he only asked me for the £90 per week.

Knowing its a bug I guessed at what I should offer him but he chose Liverpool at about £20k per week more than I was offering.

Archived