Top clubs buying awful players.

I'm currently after starting a game in the demo with FC Nantes.

In my game my backup goalkeeper is Jerome Alonso.He is 36 and rubbish but werder Bremen, Roma and Atletico Madrid all want him.

Just as another example those same clubs + Arsenal are interested in Thierry Debes of AC Ajaccio.He is 35 and is also terrible by these clubs standards.

Anyone else notice this?

This has been reported many times and yes it is a horrible bug. I looked in the danish national team and the second keeper was playing for real madrid while the third was playing for man utd. Both faily average keepers.

Oops.Sorry for posting it again.

I have a slight memory of the same issue being in the last demo too.

Maybe it has to do with the tiny database used in the quickstarts, making the options for goalkeeper very slim?

Yer I agree with this, I have had big teams signing terrible goalkeepers, but it maybe it is due to the database size meaning there are a lot less goalkeepers to sign.

Ive started a game with Bristol City on the demo. I transfer listed Adriano Basso and all the top clubs from Germany and Italy wanted him. He went to Inter in the end. Also i transfer listed Lee Johnson, Brian Wilson and Ivan Sproule who are all league 1 players at very best and they all went to West Brom. This would never happen in real life and should not happen in the game either as Sproule and Wilson's stats are particularly bad.

i agree in part, i am sure this is a bug.... at the same time odd things happen.... I am in Australia and Jesse Van Stratten the new Gold caost GK was backup at Juve for years now.... Zelko Kalac back-up at AC milan.... and he is just soooo terrible. look at Ben foster, Manuel Alumina, Dida, Jerzy Dudek @ Real.... I think that there is a shortage of decent keepers worldwide... BTW if anyone was watching Akinfeev in the MAN UTD game last week, he got beaten front post by Valencia.... and he is fm2009 gold

Ive started a game with Bristol City on the demo. I transfer listed Adriano Basso and all the top clubs from Germany and Italy wanted him. He went to Inter in the end. Also i transfer listed Lee Johnson, Brian Wilson and Ivan Sproule who are all league 1 players at very best and they all went to West Brom. This would never happen in real life and should not happen in the game either as Sproule and Wilson's stats are particularly bad.

This is indeed a horrible bug that needs fixing!

Archived