lower league

You get sacked but if your that bad then you should be shot

It has happened to me in the past. I took a job at a club who had just been promoted to Serie C who were truly dreadful, there was not a thing I could do. I resigned before the new season knowing what would happen to me.

It has happened to me in the past. I took a job at a club who had just been promoted to Serie C who were truly dreadful, there was not a thing I could do. I resigned before the new season knowing what would happen to me.

Do you not have confidence in your managerial prowess?:D

I meant I resigned before I was automatically sacked, I finished rock bottom of the league.

yeah i know what you meant, i said that you quit before the start of the season because you knew you were going to get sacked.

Therefore you didn`t believe that you could improve the team.

yeah i know what you meant, i said that you quit before the start of the season because you knew you were going to get sacked.

Therefore you didn`t believe that you could improve the team.

Actually, looking back I didn't do as badly as I thought. I did finish bottom but only lost out in the relegation playoff due to a weird seeding rule following a draw over two legs. The club was financially crippled so I couldn't bring in any new players.

Had I stayed up after that playoff I'm sure things would have improved but obviously I didn't get a chance to find out.

I think that there should be an option where you DO NOT get sacked for getting relegated from the lowest league. This is because what if you took over a team that has been mathematically been relegated but have a few league games left to play? Then when you are in charge, you win ALL the remaining league games but still get relegated, the board should not sack you because you have a 100% winning record. Granted that there would be no competitive matches to play in the following season but who knows that in 2 or 3 seasons time, the club will get promoted back to thee lowest tier of the league? Any comments would be appreciated!

I think that there should be an option where you DO NOT get sacked for getting relegated from the lowest league. This is because what if you took over a team that has been mathematically been relegated but have a few league games left to play? Then when you are in charge, you win ALL the remaining league games but still get relegated, the board should not sack you because you have a 100% winning record. Granted that there would be no competitive matches to play in the following season but who knows that in 2 or 3 seasons time, the club will get promoted back to thee lowest tier of the league? Any comments would be appreciated!

So what do you envisage? Automatically going on holiday until the club is promoted? You could end up being reintroduced to the game 10 years later!

Archived