Get rid of player/coach filter?

On other posts, I see 'FM too easy'. Well main reason could be because of the player/coach filter. Just after a couple of clicks and seconds and BANG you got your players/coaches you want and what your looking for. Without this, you actually have to look at nations,leagues and clubs and search them manually (or get your scout to help you out a bit) which makes buying and looking for the right players and coaches harder which will also make the game harder!

So, is anyone with me on this? If not, please say why :D

I'm sure everyone sets their own guidelines on how they find their players to sign. Some use 'genie scout' to 'cheat', others search through squads, others send their scouts out to find players.

The LLM lot will only sign players after a scout recommends them after an assignment and staff after they respond to an advert, perhaps you could try that.

The thing is some nations (Scotland) have a list of players that are available. The SPFA keep a list of players that no longer have a club. The SFA also have a "available" registered Non-Playing staff list for teams to do business with. So getting rid of the player/staff filter no matter what people in LLM or anywhere else says is not realistic.

Saying that I only use the filter for freebies and never hire backroom staff unless they apply at the Job Centre.

Although if they want to make it realistic in anyway, maybe hiding attributes for players and staff at the club you are at until a few weeks of games/training etc....

• Administrators

What I'd like to see:

1) MAKE IT OPTIONAL.

2) The following:

- Disabling player and staff searches (except in the case of: transfer list, loan list and freebies)

- In viewing attributes, use a grade, star or colour code system (in overview mode on the team selection screen); the same in scout searches too (and let them make mistakes!)

- On profiles, use the bars as they are currently.

- Have a collated inactive shortlist automatically generated of all the players your staff scout (scouts and coaches!) It is annoying to have to do this yourself.

If all of this was optional, and put under 'Fog of War: Advanced' mode (taken from player attributing masking being coined as Fog of War by Marc Vaughan, I believe) and have this tickable under the preferences screen before you start a game.

Solution: Everyone should be happy. I don't like to see a numerical value on things anymore - as it is a computer game, there is always going to be a numerical value ('sliders without the sliders' etc) but at least we could mask it to make it seem more interesting.

Proposed grade system

A* = 18+

A = 15-17

B = 12-14

C = 9-11

D = 6-8

E = 3-5

F = 1-3

*perhaps consider a +/- included if SI think it would be more accurate.

*or a star system based on how team reports or generated. To be read as 3.5* on profile screen, perhaps.

Definitely not the first time such a system has been suggested, but it can work and would add to the game.

As for it being in the preferences panel, SI could add a tooltip or a '?' next to it to explain what it is.

On other posts, I see 'FM too easy'. Well main reason could be because of the player/coach filter. Just after a couple of clicks and seconds and BANG you got your players/coaches you want and what your looking for. Without this, you actually have to look at nations,leagues and clubs and search them manually (or get your scout to help you out a bit) which makes buying and looking for the right players and coaches harder which will also make the game harder!

So, is anyone with me on this? If not, please say why :D

Nice try.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=157043

Archived