Transfering demo save to real game?

Yes you can transfer the save, but you will have the same game setup, ie small database, one nation loaded etc. You'll need to start a new save to use more leagues and nations.

This has been covered loads of times recently, a search would have thrown up the answer to your question :)

quick question. I´m about to order a new computer, but I doubt I´ll have in on the 30th.. Is it possible to start a save on one computer and then continue with the save on the next computer? Everything will be the same and nothing will be lost in the transition?

quick question. I´m about to order a new computer, but I doubt I´ll have in on the 30th.. Is it possible to start a save on one computer and then continue with the save on the next computer? Everything will be the same and nothing will be lost in the transition?

Yes it should work fine. All you need to do is copy the save file (in documents/games) over to your new PC.

There is one thing i dont understand with the demo saves.

If SI really do intend for people to continue thier saves when the full version is released why not allow us to use large databases and enable more leagues etc. at the start so people can continue a save and have the option of other leagues in the future.

Surely it wouldnt harm sales as the 6 month limit would still be in effect and you'd still not be able to have more then 1 manager but would have the advantage of allowing people to start meaningful saves.

There is one thing i dont understand with the demo saves.

If SI really do intend for people to continue thier saves when the full version is released why not allow us to use large databases and enable more leagues etc. at the start so people can continue a save and have the option of other leagues in the future.

Surely it wouldnt harm sales as the 6 month limit would still be in effect and you'd still not be able to have more then 1 manager but would have the advantage of allowing people to start meaningful saves.

Well you made a good point here! :D

I don't think SI do intend you to carry on, the demo is only meant to be a teaser and test to see if you like it.

This :thup:. To be fair, 6 months is more than enough for a demo. If it was my decision, i would allow pre-season only!

You guys best hope i dont get a job at SEGA :D

That argument was bought up in another thread last night, try searching for something like "ideas for future demo"..I wish you could expand the database and leagues on the demo save with the full game as i'm loving my OM save but want to turn it in to a career game :/ :(

I don't think SI do intend you to carry on, the demo is only meant to be a teaser and test to see if you like it.

I suppose that may be true but as FM isnt like a FPS demo where if you start a new game you've only gotta cover 10 mins (20 max) of something you've already done.

As FM can take a lot longer and if you've managed to get some signings for less then you'd thought it seems only natural to want to continue that save but with many prefering to have multiple leagues + a larger db running its a shame we cant enable leagues/db size on the demo so we can start up a career save from the demo to continue in the full game.

Archived