Editor - New reserve league for English teams

In the editor will it be possible to make a new reserve league for the English based teams because i find really frustrating that the reserves dont play enough fixtures and find it annoying having to create friendlies every season.

you are lucky you aint "Spurs"...team in real life,and hence in the game,so i will have to arrange numerous friendlies to get Woodgate,Dawson and Bale match fit......nice!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest the only thing I could use this new Data editor was to provide more games for my reserves and youth and I was even considering to create somehow a second reserve level maybe one with age limit like 26 and another free including foreigners.... so I could buy lots of cheap prospect and make sure they have all enough games to play while traning and adapting the club. If it wont work with the new editor then it is very close to being useless for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only way to do it is by creating 'B Teams' for every club you want to include. I considered it but didnt want to mess things up just in case. But this was the only way i could think of, because the reserve and under 18's groups aren't found in the editor so you cant do anything with them.

Pretty pointless if you ask me, considering all the hype they made about it.

How about creating a comp called reserves then setting the "first 11" rules to 11 under 21's and then adding the teams you want. This would force the teams to only play U21 players in this competition. I've set up a London Floodlit trophy like this, added 20 london teams to it and will use this as another reserve comp

That wouldn't be a reserves and is effectively my first team being in another competition and I select the reserve players in.

What I wanted to do is make a competition that the reserves actually participate in, so that the team is automatically selected.

This manually creating 30 fixtures each year is getting quite tedious.

I'm sure SI will just ignore this, but I would suggest either:

1. AM automatically create friendlies for reserves as well (1 per week)

2. Make reserve competition available in the editor (I can't understand why it's not actually)..

Archived