Data Update in patch?

At the chance of being verbally abused I will venture this question! :D

I have just spent half an hour searching the forums using the search function, but have not been able to come up with a satisfactory answer. Will there be a data update with the announced release day patch? And if so, to what extend will the data be amended? This is important to me, as already alot of data issues has been logged in the data issue threads, and I for one start career games and as such would love for instance to have as many real youngsters in the game as possible.

Hopefully, someone can shed light on this. However, I would kindly ask people not to post uconstructive comments to this question. If you believe another thread has the answer to this question, then DO NOT POST TRY THE SEARCH FUNCTION OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, but instead post the link to that thread! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Gather there will be 3 patches over the coming months and the data one wont be released until january if that helps and one late feb or march just to tie up the loose ends and of course the 1st patch is out next friday which covers a few player and bug fixes.

The first patch is going to put Steven Carr at Birmingham, which means that there will be a data update. I also expect more recent happenings to be included, ie Carson Yeung (sp?) in charge of Birmingham etc.

The first patch is going to put Steven Carr at Birmingham, which means that there will be a data update. I also expect more recent happenings to be included, ie Carson Yeung (sp?) in charge of Birmingham etc.

What about attributes being updated? (i.e. Vermaelen)

not until feb, only major ones for now

That sucks. It makes the game feel outdated. Last year's first patch had attributes changed (sergio busquets for example).

I don't like to play with the January transfers updated because when you start a game they are there already at the start of the season and that is not when they moved to the club. So because I do not like to play with the January transfer updates, I don't get to play with any database which has player's attributes based on current times. It already feels outdated when players aren't rated in accordance with their current form (this season). I was hoping that this could be done in the first patch.

This is important to me, as already alot of data issues has been logged in the data issue threads, and I for one start career games and as such would love for instance to have as many real youngsters in the game as possible.

To be fair most stuff in the data threads constitutes as "OMG player x is so overrated/underrated!!!!!1111oneoneone"

Ok thanks for the replys, the main reason I asked is whether or not to begin to edit the DB yourself when you recieve it on the 30th. But when a patch is released sometime later on the 30th, and if it includes a DB update, then that would be totally pointless to do ( start editing) before it is release. Ideally, of course, I would also like to have the data as updated as soon as possible (in the release day patch), but I can understand that this might be difficult due to time constraints, but maybe this is an area that SI needs to look into for the future. For now, though, I guess we'll just have to look forward to getting our little cristmas gift as useual from SI! :D

Looking forward to Friday though!

Neji, Will it be possible to update the Chester City situation? At the minute it is thus. Chester City have announced, in the last week or so, that they will not be appealing against the extra fifteen point deduction [making twenty five in all]. They say that the £100,000 that it may cost, is better remaining with the club and that the manager will have some limited funds to improve the team. The chairman has been quoted as saying that the team is just not good enough.

I wouldn't have thought that the manager would get the whole amount but I would hazard a guess that any amount either side of £15,000 to £20,000 might be made available. You can check this out on one of the Chester City websites. Kind regards.

Neji, Will it be possible to update the Chester City situation? At the minute it is thus. Chester City have announced, in the last week or so, that they will not be appealing against the extra fifteen point deduction [making twenty five in all]. They say that the £100,000 that it may cost, is better remaining with the club and that the manager will have some limited funds to improve the team. The chairman has been quoted as saying that the team is just not good enough.

I wouldn't have thought that the manager would get the whole amount but I would hazard a guess that any amount either side of £15,000 to £20,000 might be made available. You can check this out on one of the Chester City websites. Kind regards.

Well, that is some good news! :D

You guys need to read Mr. Tipple's post above, I was totally wrong :(

I didn't think it would be possible to just update the Carr situation through code, shame there is no db update but that's what the editor is for!

How does this new database-merge-thingy work? If I add my american youth players to the original data base and then download the X-mas patch (which I hope have a database update), will it then be possible to get my added players into the updated database? Granted, I'll still have to wait until the x-mas patch before I can play the game, but it would save me a lot of time.

• SI Staff

Bump, just to state that there is not a data update with the patch that will come out later. Errors identified such as that with Stephen Carr have been fixed with code rather than a new extraction of the entire database.

Good Vermaelen is mentioned, suffered a small chock when i saw how poor his attributs was in the game.

He hasn't changed that much since was at Ajax last year. So when Vermaelen plays for Ajax he has a PA of 160, but when he plays for Arsenal he is suddenly 160+? Researchers for big clubs have a tendency to overrate their players. ;)

• SI Staff
is the player skin colour issue resolved in the new patch? There are a number of half caste players who appear white in the game. example... pienaar, vaughan

In many cases the skin colour has been seen to be down to the lighting used by the 3d team. This issue has been looked at, but if more examples of skin colour being incorrect appear with patched FM2010, please post them in the bugs forum.

He hasn't changed that much since was at Ajax last year. So when Vermaelen plays for Ajax he has a PA of 160, but when he plays for Arsenal he is suddenly 160+? Researchers for big clubs have a tendency to overrate their players. ;)

I agree with what your saying, and we don't want a game with "in-form" players suddenly gaining massive PA boosts etc, but i feel with Vermaelen.. he was playing left back most of the season in a struggling ajax team and with all the doubts and media pressure about how he wasn't tall enough etc, hes been really impressive and for his jumping to be 14 is just crazy. Yes he isn't very tall for a centre half but the reason he's adapted so well to the premiership is because of his impressive leap.

I just feel (and maybe im biased because im an Arsenal fan) that it seems to be Arsenal players that have suffered alot in this years FM. And before all the jokes and abuse i'm about to get.. yes i'm aware where we finished last season.. but Arshavin's stats look as if they have been lowered if anything!

I'm also aware i should be telling the Arsenal researcher(s)

Please, go to the naughty corner for bringing political correctness BS into this forum.

Oh SORRY - I mean the Mixed Behaviour corner.

Hate to drag this off topic, but actually elliottness is correct. Maybe back in the 1980s this term was acceptable, but it's been pretty unacceptable for quite a while now tbh.

what about Vieri to Botafogo-sp ?

The changelist will be released soon enough, with 24 hours at least. Gripper has explained what the craic is with regards to data updates in the patch.

Archived