FM 2010 A Week Away

So with football manager being a week away i was wondering what teams you lot plan on being despite being an arsenal I think I will start a Q.P.R season because I want a challenge and I want to take a championship side to the premierleague and stay there who do you lot plan on being.

So with football manager being a week away i was wondering what teams you lot plan on being despite being an arsenal I think I will start a Q.P.R season because I want a challenge and I want to take a championship side to the premierleague and stay there who do you lot plan on being.

QPR wont be a challenge as they have the money! :p

Trying to keep spmeone like Burnley in the prem would be more of a challenge IMO.

As a Newcastle fan, i'll have a quick save with them after the patch to get myself familiar again as obviously i know all the players. Soon after that though i'll be going with a sunday league rep, unemployed game with a few leagues and countries and just see where that takes me.

If I get a network game going with my mates then WBA Middlesborough Newcastle. If not i might try Colchester or Leeds for less stress

id prefer to start in a lower league but one of my mates wont play any FM game unless hes chelsea (hes a chelsea fan and has been for years)

I've always tend to struggle with career games as I cannot really get into them for long before the boredom settles in. :(

So I would like to start with Tottenham as I did in the demo but where's the real challenge as you're already in the Premier League?

I fancy either making it myself or downloading a xml of the lower leagues down to level 10 or lower and trying out there but again it could become a real chore, as I just don't have the stickability to carry it on.

So I may well go for AFC Wimbledon in the BS Premier or try a team just below the BS North or South in the file I make or download, thus level 7 as a starter?

As is obvious I have no real idea who I want to be but I'd so love to try a career game and stick with it through to FM11 so a lower league team somewhere. :D

I've always tend to struggle with career games as I cannot really get into them for long before the boredom settles in. :(

So I would like to start with Tottenham as I did in the demo but where's the real challenge as you're already in the Premier League?

I fancy either making it myself or downloading a xml of the lower leagues down to level 10 or lower and trying out there but again it could become a real chore, as I just don't have the stickability to carry it on.

So I may well go for AFC Wimbledon in the BS Premier or try a team just below the BS North or South in the file I make or download, thus level 7 as a starter?

As is obvious I have no real idea who I want to be but I'd so love to try a career game and stick with it through to FM11 so a lower league team somewhere. :D

I'd like someone to edit up to level 8 if the English league, i could try to take Rugby Town to the top. I also think it will be amusing to see how the match engine displays players atrributes that will be so low! Free flowing, skillful football i very much doubt :D

I pre ordered my copy as soon as it came on the website. Think i may start out as Chesterfield (My Team) again. We have a semi decent squad which should be a bit of a challenge getting promoted out of leauge two. Dont forget we have to contend with Notts County aswell.

i'll be starting as i usually do with my Newcastle side which will be a big challenge this year starting with no budget and a want away chairman with very few players. Then i might start a game with Gateshead and see how long it takes to get them into the prem from the conf prem.

St Albans City in the BSS, as usual :)

Will also have a Manchester United game going as a friend and I are having competition as to who can win the most :)

He is Arsenal - I think I might win :D

I also often have games with Aston Vanilla and Fulham going.

I'd like someone to edit up to level 8 if the English league, i could try to take Rugby Town to the top. I also think it will be amusing to see how the match engine displays players atrributes that will be so low! Free flowing, skillful football i very much doubt :D

In one of the blogs where they interviewed those who had worked on the editor one of them mentioned that they had gone down to level 10 and was going to release it on the launch day. :thup:

Oh good, YET another thread identical to "Who will you be FM10". "FM10 Teams", "Teams on FM10" etc etc etc etc etc.

Mods please cut these pointless wafflefests down to just one!!!!!! One is worthwhile, 3 dozen is a waste of space.

It will definately be playing Liverpool as my favourite club but then I might go as Plymouth Arglye for a challenge.

BTW - I have to wait until christmas to play the game as my kids always buy me FM for Christmas. God damn!!

I was thinking about QPR and Notts Co and the 'money' they have, but do they have loads of money? The reason I ask this is that they have not exactly been bringing in top names have they (except Sol Campbell but he is at the very end of his career anyway so does not really count). Harder for Notts Co because of the league they are in but QPR I would have thought you would see some some more famous names coming into the team.

I do not follow them so I could be wrong.

In your opinion.

I appreciate your history of Posts, and have liked much of what you say but.... no - not a matter of opinion, a duplicate thread IS a waste of time and space, and that s a matter of fact. A matter of opinion is whether the actual idea for the thread is valid or not initially, and for what its worth the original thread started several weeks ago was valid in my opinion, the many, many, many indentical duplicate threads are not. I like to see the other side but really not in this case, hope you understand. Sorry if that offends.

I appreciate your history of Posts, and have liked much of what you say but.... no - not a matter of opinion, a duplicate thread IS a waste of time and space, and that s a matter of fact. A matter of opinion is whether the actual idea for the thread is valid or not initially, and for what its worth the original thread started several weeks ago was valid in my opinion, the many, many, many indentical duplicate threads are not. I like to see the other side but really not in this case, hope you understand. Sorry if that offends.

Dont get me wrong, i do know what you mean and i know sometimes it can be frustrating, particularly patch/demo/game release question threads. It used to annoy me a lot more but then i just started thinking if a mod found it unsuitable it would be closed or moved or whatever. As this one hasnt been, then i guess in the eyes of the mods its fine, and i accept that and treat it as any other thread.

BTW, you didnt offend. Everyone has a view, and a right to express them (within reason) even though they may differ. What i dont like, is when people turn personal, not that you have like, just in general :). Poeple who take a debate to a personal level should be banned. If they cant enter a debate/discussion and do just that, then an internet forum may not be for them but then thats just my opinion :)

Dont get me wrong, i do know what you mean and i know sometimes it can be frustrating, particularly patch/demo/game release question threads. It used to annoy me a lot more but then i just started thinking if a mod found it unsuitable it would be closed or moved or whatever. As this one hasnt been, then i guess in the eyes of the mods its fine, and i accept that and treat it as any other thread.

BTW, you didnt offend. Everyone has a view, and a right to express them (within reason) even though they may differ. What i dont like, is when people turn personal, not that you have like, just in general :). Poeple who take a debate to a personal level should be banned. If they cant enter a debate/discussion and do just that, then an internet forum may not be for them but then thats just my opinion :)

Cheers, was dreading reading your reply in case I had gone off on one without realising it and you had decided to slaughter me for it! :-) but am pleased as I agree & endorse all you say :thup:

Normally I would ignore the dup threads but at this time just before release of something so (potentially) special I was hoping for less pointless forum clogging - to be fair the OP does not to my knowledge have a history of that but some Posters will post drivell at the rate of several new often duplicated theme threads per hour. As I say, nothing against the OP, actually after your last post I looked for the other "Who will you manage" threads, there are many but I could not find any that had been active for several pages / days going back!, so I feel my initial post should have been a bit more lenient!

Actually a very good original FM10 thread of that nature started when the initial FM10 release announcements were made, all those weeks ago!, and I loved it, posters were actually getting ideas from others and the flow of ideas in Post was much beter than the usual "Im Man U", "I'll be Chelsea" stuff with much expanding of the why and the expectations thereof. The threads duplicated following that all slipped back to being just a list of team names with no reasoning or conjecture, stealing the thunder from the good thread which then withered away due to being gazumped - hence my "reaction" to this thread and another started about a week ago.

Anyway a little tempering of opinions on my part will not go amiss, give it 4 days and I'll dedicate that passion to the "442 Defensive or 41311 Attacking" debate. Cant chuffung well wait. By the way will be either St Etienne, Leeds, Southampton, Norwich, Nottm Forest, QPR or Leicester - I think! LOL

Cheers, was dreading reading your reply in case I had gone off on one without realising it and you had decided to slaughter me for it! :-) but am pleased as I agree & endorse all you say :thup:

Normally I would ignore the dup threads but at this time just before release of something so (potentially) special I was hoping for less pointless forum clogging - to be fair the OP does not to my knowledge have a history of that but some Posters will post drivell at the rate of several new often duplicated theme threads per hour. As I say, nothing against the OP, actually after your last post I looked for the other "Who will you manage" threads, there are many but I could not find any that had been active for several pages / days going back!, so I feel my initial post should have been a bit more lenient!

Actually a very good original FM10 thread of that nature started when the initial FM10 release announcements were made, all those weeks ago!, and I loved it, posters were actually getting ideas from others and the flow of ideas in Post was much beter than the usual "Im Man U", "I'll be Chelsea" stuff with much expanding of the why and the expectations thereof. The threads duplicated following that all slipped back to being just a list of team names with no reasoning or conjecture, stealing the thunder from the good thread which then withered away due to being gazumped - hence my "reaction" to this thread and another started about a week ago.

Anyway a little tempering of opinions on my part will not go amiss, give it 4 days and I'll dedicate that passion to the "442 Defensive or 41311 Attacking" debate. Cant chuffung well wait. By the way will be either St Etienne, Leeds, Southampton, Norwich, Nottm Forest, QPR or Leicester - I think! LOL

I think the problem is that we are in a relative lull now until release. No new features have been announced, as they already have been. The demo has come and gone, i mean ive played it through but there is no point in me doing it again. FM09 is uninstalled etc etc. Relatively speaking, its a boring time :)

I generally like going for a mid-table/upper Championship side. I've been Bristol City and Preston in my 2 saves on FM 2009. Thinking about being Sheffield Wednesday this time.

Oooo Ooooo, be Newcastle! No transfer budget, small squad but on paper, possibly the best starting 11 in the championship. Just have to try and keep people fit!

Oooo Ooooo, be Newcastle! No transfer budget, small squad but on paper, possibly the best starting 11 in the championship. Just have to try and keep people fit!

Too high expectations though, I like being a side with Mid-Table expectations, so it gives me a chance to get to know the game a little at first and maybe lose a few early on.

Archived