How will FM 10 work on older machines

Hi,

I've had a quick glance at other topics, but cant find anything mentioned, i've been unable to download the demo due to internet problems- but can anyone tell me how the game performs on older machines? I noticed that FM is continuing (imo) the ridiculous 3d match engine thing-but does it slow the game down even more?

I can run FM 09 fine on my laptop-although it does slow to a snails pace after a few seasons. I've got FM 10 on pre-order so hoping my laptop is good enough!

On the 3D thing, one thing that always set the CM/FM franchise apart from the other management sims was the emphasis on realism and playability over graphics gimmicks- I hope FM arent going down that route.

Hi,

I've had a quick glance at other topics, but cant find anything mentioned, i've been unable to download the demo due to internet problems- but can anyone tell me how the game performs on older machines? I noticed that FM is continuing (imo) the ridiculous 3d match engine thing-but does it slow the game down even more?

I can run FM 09 fine on my laptop-although it does slow to a snails pace after a few seasons. I've got FM 10 on pre-order so hoping my laptop is good enough!

On the 3D thing, one thing that always set the CM/FM franchise apart from the other management sims was the emphasis on realism and playability over graphics gimmicks- I hope FM arent going down that route.

If you can run fm09 on your computer then you should be fine with fm10. I think its a bit quicker but that was only a demo with a small database and 1 league so we'll have to wait for the full game to judge the speed properly. If you are from the uk jprthomas then I would seriously consider cancelling your pre-order and buy from a shop instead because if the company you are ordering from use royal mail for deliveries then the chances of getting you game on release day is very slim indeed.

I have played it on a 1.6ghz single core processor with 768mb ram, and it ran faster than FM09 on a 2.6ghz dual core 4gb ram machine!

Obviously it will run quicker since its only a small database with 1 league. :rolleyes: Wait until the full game is out and try it with 20+ leagues with a large database and see how you get on with a single core machine with just 768mb ram.

Hi,

What is the specifications of your computer? How old is your laptop?

It's a couple of years old- 3gb ram and an Intel Core TM2 Duo T5750 @2.00ghz. My computer knowledge is fairly limited, so not sure if thats enough to go on! I dont think i have a graphics card.

that machines fine

you must have some kind of onboard GPU otherwise they'd be nothing on your monitor at all ;)

It's a couple of years old- 3gb ram and an Intel Core TM2 Duo T5750 @2.00ghz. My computer knowledge is fairly limited, so not sure if thats enough to go on! I dont think i have a graphics card.

Right click on the my computer icon and select properties from the small menu that appears. Once the properties screen loads look to the right for device manager and click on it. When this loads look for display adapters and click on this and it will tell you about the graphics card in your computer. Hope that helps.

Archived