Question on Winddows 7 and FM installation

I hope someone can help me here. I have not yet downloaded the demo of FM 2010 because I am waiting for my version of Windows 7 to arrive in the mail box. I bought a new laptop 3 months ago containing Windows Vista 64 bit and thus receive a free upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit. My question is, if I install FM 2010 BEFORE installing Windows 7 64 bit, must I have to reinstall FM 2010 again once I have installed Windows 7? I do not plan to do a clean install at all and am planning to do just an upgrade. That is one of the reasons why I did not download the demo yet. Should I download the demo in any case and not wait for Windows 7 to install on my laptop? Any advise given here would be appreciated! Thanks! I can't wait to play the demo!!!

I intended to wait for delivery of fm2010 before I installed Windows7 but since the postal strike has meant that the chances of me getting my copy of fm on release day is probably zero I decided to install Windows 7 now and unless you have windows xp you do not need to do a clean install of windows 7. Just choose the option to upgrade.

you only need to clean install from the full version. there are upgrade versions avaliable.

Well, I have currently Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit running and I am receiving a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit so I don't think that a clean install is necessary. But will I have to reinstall FM 2010 all over again?

I upgraded from Windows Vista to the Windows 7 Release Candidate, and I did not have to back anything up (although I did just to be on the safe side). A folder was created called "windows.old" that had everything from Vista in there, FM09, game saves all other documents etc.

I think you only have to do a full install if you're going from Windows XP (or older OS) to Windows 7.

iv read windows 7 is ment to run Fm alot faster' date=' i currently run vista 32 basic, would an upgrade to windows 7 make a noticable differance in speed or would it be a waste of money?[/quote']

in my honest opinion windows vistarrrghhh as i like to call it is completely useless. all the benchmarks ive seen vista v 7. 7 out-performed vista.

windows 7 is the future you might not see dramatic changes in speed but in the long run its worth upgrading. once i can afford to i will be ugrading myself.

If you have Vista 64 and plan to upgrade to Windows 7 64 you will be fine and all files and folders will remain in tact

People like me who went from Vista 32 to Windows 7 64 will have to do a clean install. You should be fine

I upgraded from Windows Vista to the Windows 7 Release Candidate, and I did not have to back anything up (although I did just to be on the safe side). A folder was created called "windows.old" that had everything from Vista in there, FM09, game saves all other documents etc.

I think you only have to do a full install if you're going from Windows XP (or older OS) to Windows 7.

or 32bit-64 bit. that requires clean install too

edit: neil beat me :(

or 32bit-64 bit. that requires clean install too(

I currently run 32bit my my mother board can handle upto 64 bit as it has room for upto 16GB of RAM, as i currently run Vista 32 bit, would i just need to buy a copy of windows 7 64 bit to enable me to utilist more RAM?

I currently run 32bit my my mother board can handle upto 64 bit as it has room for upto 16GB of RAM' date=' as i currently run Vista 32 bit, would i just need to buy a copy of windows 7 64 bit to enable me to utilist more RAM?[/quote']

if your going from a 32 bit - 64 bit you will require a clean install.

32 bit operating systems can only recognised approx 3.25gb of ram if you require 4gb+ you will need a 64 bit operating system.

ive never really done that before but i think the upgrade version of windows 7 will not delete the files you have installed.maybe someone with experience doing this before can confirm but i think your safe to install now.

I just upgraded my Vista to Windows 7, it kept all the files and installed programs. It worked with me upgrading from Vista to Windows with FM 09 installed.

Depends if you do a partition or a replacement.

I just upgraded my Vista to Windows 7, it kept all the files and installed programs. It worked with me upgrading from Vista to Windows with FM 09 installed.

Depends if you do a partition or a replacement.

What is the difference between a partition and a replacement? Please explain! I am not good in computers!

Archived