Anyone skip FM09 but coming back for FM10?

For the first time in what must be decades, I didn't purchase a FM/CM game (in protest over DRM).

Now that DRM has been relaxed and we are given a choice in other areas I didn't agree with, I will be returning, although I still feel at odds with SI's public views of piracy.

I feel a year out will make FM10 all the sweeter for me, I can't wait.

Anyone else the same? (for whatever reason)

Welcome back to the fold KOP 007 :)

Had not had a problem with the DRM section last year even though it could have been handled alot better on the day of release but that's all in the past now. I was not going to purchase FM10 because i felt FM09 was hugely dissapointing and felt the game was hitting the buffers in direction, but after playing the demo of FM10 i have changed my mind and feel the game has come of the buffers and is now on the right track and as i say things can only get better :)

I bought 3 copies of 09 - returned them all (at great expense) because I could not activate them by either method

thought about buying FM10 but found the demo boring so I will not buy it

I always find the demo boring, but that's because I know I can't continue past 6 months. I know the game allows you to continue when you get the full version, but I'm not really interested in playing some crappy quick start game for my proper FM game. For this reason, I installed the demo, had a root around, then unistalled it within a day. Maybe future demos will allow proper games to be started? It would certainly get me hooked like a fish, just a thought.

KOP you should give the demo a go m8 you wont be dissapointed :)

Max sorry to see that buddy, but dont think you will have a problem with FM10 they have worked on those issues what effected the 09 version and believe me alot of people were lost due to those issues and im sure SI wont want to see a repeat of it.

I skipped FM09, but will likely buy FM10.

I downloaded the FM09 demo last year and it seemed rather slow on my lower-end machine. I was also put off by the DRM and the problems with it.

Now I'm getting a new computer an FM10 should run very smoothly on it. As KOP_007 said, the DRM has been somewhat relaxed and therefore should be problem free for legit players.

I'm eagerly waiting for the components for the new computer and FM10. :)

Nah, I always have loads of leagues running so quick starts are a bit 'bleh' to me. I'd feel like I'm not enjoying/experiencing the entire game. Don't worry, it will just make the full version even sweeter when it comes (if it comes, Royal Mail).

Yeah, i have been playing FM08 since that game was released. Bought 09 but my PC wasn't up to it but have now got a new one that can handle the game easily. Popped FM09 in to see how it ran and it plays like a dream. Immediately uninstalled that and now waiting for FM10 to arrive.

I still playing FM07. I skipped 08, I bought 09 but I didn't like it, slow and too many useless features.

Now I think I'm moving to FM10, basically for competition editor. If wasn't this new feature I'd stick with FM07

Same here iam only getting 10 for the competition editor otherwise I wouldn’t bother

The DRM on 09 was a nightmare for me so i couldn’t play it. Ironically my friend downloaded a not so genuine copy of FM 09 and I watched him activate the pirate version and it was easier to get going than the genuine version *CRAZY*

I've pre-ordered FM10. Have downloaded the demo but haven't had the chance to really get into it yet.

FM09 didn't hit the spot and I found it quite dull and boring, soon to be flogged on ebay. I even hoped CM10 would deliver, but that soon fell by the wayside after 30 mins gameplay! Really hoping FM10 will rekindle the old addiction that I felt with previous releases.

i havnt played FM09 for a while due to summer fun, played the demo to see what it was like but didnt really get into to it knowing it wont be a long term game, i have since gone back to my old save and left Forest for Millwall in League one and was touted as relegation candidates, with 30 od games gone in 2nd in table and looking good to go up, Fm10 may be a better game but not sure how i will pull my self away from 09 now..

what's the DRM situation?

I also skipped FM09. I just didn't see enough in the demo to make me purchase so I just stuck with FM08 this whole time and I haven't grown tired of it yet. I'm currently playing an Arsenal save at the moment and enjoying it thoroughly.

FM10 looks extremely promising. I'm loving a lot of the new convenience features. The new sleek set-up is impressive and several other features are looking to be a lot of fun to toy around with.

Just from the demo it seems that they've got rid of this stupid rule that players who are two-footed somehow have weaker attributes than players who are not. Something I couldn't stand in FM08.

I have played the series since 00/01 but skipped 09, largely cause i was fed up with trying to get the a-league to function in an enjoyable manner.

Will possibly buy this one, but will wait a little first to see others impressions and try and dig up as much info as possible

An a-league quickstart for the demo might help me make up my mind eh? SI? wink wink? please?

i skipped FM09 too, spent so long pre-editing FM08 with new nations and stuff, and collecting all the facepacks and logos i wanted, that i only played 2 games on that version until FM09 came out, by that point my desktop PC was failing (and making some very strange hairdryer noises!) and i didnt have cash to buy a laptop good enough for the new game. After the download fiasco and some negative feedback about the 3d engine i thought it would be better to carry on with my pimped-out FM08 (until my editing backfired in one game causing it to crash, and i couldnt face manually updating every club's calculated prize money for my North Sea superleague using FMM in the other game) and wait for FM10 to come out, hoping that the problems with FM09 would largely be ironed-out. Have been playing the new demo without any problem (other then the usual early-release bugs) and it seems i was right! Just hope the full release plays without any problems and that the comp editor has as many features as i might need for my new FM universe! Will also be playing a realistic game this time though without any wacky superleagues or Basque/Catalan/Bavarian/Brittany national teams (damn it took a while to re-code all those players and cities, i need to get a life)!

Archived