I'm going to cancel my order with Zavvis because .....

• SI Staff

With all the strikes going on then your best bet would be to buy the game from a shop or through digital download rather than relying on something that has to be delivered.

If you have an online order placed then you are best to check with them. If only Superman was real we could hire him for the day to deliver to everyone. :(

Your now guaranteed the game on the 30th like me, for an extra £10 instead of waiting up to a month maybe.

So if you pay the amount that other retailers are charging you can now get the game from Zavvi? Unbelievable, they advertise cheaper prices get you all to buy off them and then charge you the proper price to "enable" you to receive it???? Anyone else see something wrong with this scenario?

With all the strikes going on then your best bet would be to buy the game from a shop or through digital download rather than relying on something that has to be delivered.

If you have an online order placed then you are best to check with them. If only Superman was real we could hire him for the day to deliver to everyone. :(

Okay, and when you live in Germany? What options do I have? I HAVE to import the game.

I orderd at zavvis as well, can't order from steam and guess that German shops also have to wait for Royal Mail orders. :(

I cancelled mine with Zavvi, easier to just download via Steam on release day, even if it is £12 more.

It took a day and a half to download the demo from steam so i'd be lucky to get the game in time for FM11 if I got it from them.

I already ordered from Zavvi but have placed another order from shopto.net whichever comes last I'm gonna sell it to my mate cause he won't be back till later in the week.

Does anyone know how zavii deliver?

Also download isn't an option for me as it would be quicker for me to make the game :D

Using Royal Mail!

Im torn between Steam and buying from a shop. I have £15 still on a voucher for GAME so if i dont use that for FM i'll use it for Assasins Creed 2 or something. Decisions decisions!

As for the strikes, the last post strikes i was involved in (which were 4 day ones), it took around a week after the last strike day to get back to normal and clear the backlog.

I'm happy with the demo for now. Will Zavvi put up the price post-release, or should I make a bid now? I don't care about the postal strike.

Do it now, if nothing else just to insure against further price rises. Especially if your not bothered about having it for release. Think its around £23 now.

Using Royal Mail!

Im torn between Steam and buying from a shop. I have £15 still on a voucher for GAME so if i dont use that for FM i'll use it for Assasins Creed 2 or something. Decisions decisions!

As for the strikes, the last post strikes i was involved in (which were 4 day ones), it took around a week after the last strike day to get back to normal and clear the backlog.

Not good. I suppose i will wait. It may turn up early :)

I think Santa Clause is more suitable for this job, he has had much more practice at this sort of thing :)

I ordered at Zavvi for £17.95, & used a £5 voucher i won in the recent HotUKDeals giveaway so technically it's only costing me £12.95!! It would cost me double to buy instore anywhere!! I'm more than happy to wait a few extra days, even a couple weeks to get mine. Especially with the impending patch Miles has posted a sticky about. The demo will tide me over until I get mine!!

Well I've just sent Zavvi a pointless message as to whether they use Royal Mail for their deliveries and if they at all can send early to avoid the 3 day strike starting on the 29th October.

Though I work for Royal Mail I'm also a customer who relies on the postal system when ordering online, so have to consider my choices as well. I was pleased my Amazon order for Windows 7 were sent via City Link as then they are not caught up in the strike backlog.

All in all I'm probably going to cancel the Zavvi order on Monday as I'm off for the week anyway and order using Steam or go into HMV on Friday depending on how lazy I am. :D

I'm not fussed at all by the price increase from £17.99 to £29.99 as I would like to play the game before I go back to work and have to deliver all that lovely mail my collegues will have left. :mad:

What happens when there are postal delays?

The latest update from Royal Mail is that the Members of the CWU have voted for industrial action and that there is a 2 day planned strike on Thursday 22nd October and Friday 23rd October.

Here at zavvi we are committed to getting products to you as quickly as possible. Over the period of the Royal Mail strike we will be sending items out early where possible, to ensure you receive your orders as soon as possible.

We are dedicated to providing you with the best prices possible and while we are conscious that the Royal Mail strike may affect postal services in some areas, sending items out by courier would impact on the prices we can offer you. We thank you for your patience during this period.

On occasions items can become delayed in the post.

We do allow up to 10 working days for delivery inside the UK to account for any postage delays that we are not aware of.

For deliveries outside the UK we allow up to 30 days for delivery to account for any postal delays that we may not be aware of.

If your order has failed to arrive after this we will investigate further and arrange a replacement.

It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.

So if they're going to post it as soon as possible then hopefully it'll come early! :p

So if they're going to post it as soon as possible then hopefully it'll come early! :p

Thats what happened with Uncharted 2 for me. I got an email from shopto apologising for processing my order so early!! I got it tuesday before release!!!

I wont hold my breath thou! Fingers crossed I think!!

What are you saying - Superman is real - isn't he?

Archived