Glenn Hoddle Academy

Every club in England get's this offer I believe. As far as I can gather it's not massively worthwhile from EPL and CCC teams. At least at the start of the game. Maybe they'll get some decent regens though.

Just a thought, and one that has no doubt been shared by others in other threads, but I wonder if the quality of players at GHA will improve as the game goes on?

They flogged a lad to Sevilla in the summer, but in the demo there isn't a single player in the squad who'd make it in any of the major European leagues. Perhaps the lad was a one off?

Just a thought, and one that has no doubt been shared by others in other threads, but I wonder if the quality of players at GHA will improve as the game goes on?

They flogged a lad to Sevilla in the summer, but in the demo there isn't a single player in the squad who'd make it in any of the major European leagues. Perhaps the lad was a one off?

Needle in a haystack comes to mind. The GHA is made up of players who were let go from clubs and is like a springboard back into the game. You'd hope one or two good players would come through, but that's relying on the AI to release players with a high PA.

The lad in question signed for Sevilla Atletico or what is known as Sevilla B or to put it better the reserves. Hardly likely to make the first team. Good piece of marketing though whereby everyone thinks he's been signed for the first team of a major European Team.

Maybe they'll get some decent regens though.

Maybe they will, but this is ironically exactly opposite to the way that Hoddle designed the Academy to run. It's supposed to be there to find new clubs for the players who don't make it at a higher level. Having its own regens would mean it was bringing more players into the game, which isn't what Hoddle is trying to do at all.

Personally I'd be interested to see how the GHA works in-game. Will it send de-clubbed youngsters loads of trials and contracts to help them be sold? Will it offer players at every opportunity? Or will it act like a club, try to buy in and guard the top talent and ignore the rest?

Archived