A question..is this possible?

Hi all, I've never actually been a fan of FM. I've always preferred FifaManager. I know I'm gonna be slated for this but the reason has always been the 3D match. I know FM has the most depth and the greatest accuracy but I always went back to Fifa Manager coz of the 3D engine. Out of the box it never played well but after the community got/gets down to patching it, it became quite playable. FIfa Managers 09 3D engine was wrecked through some hard coding of the defence though, but that's another story. I have hope for FIfa Manager 10 but that's not what this is about.

This year however, the ME for FM10 has really impressed me. I know the gfx aren't the best but the intelligence and gameplay has really got me excited abt this years Football Manager. I've played 6 matches in the demo (excluding friendlies) and I've loved watching the match. I have 6 wins out of 6 (playing as Woking in the BSN) and I'm afraid that I wont achieve this in the full game so I've stopped playing as I wanna start with a larger DB when I get the full game.

Now my question. When watching the 3D match, is there a key on the keyboard that lets me increase/decrease the speed of the match. I ask this because I enjoy watching the full matches but watching it at the pace I enjoy takes wayyy too long for 1 match. In Fifa Manager, there are 4 speeds in which you can watch the full match 1x,2x,4x and 8x. Now what allows me to watch the match is that by pressing the F8 key, it jumps up to the next speed and when it reaches 8X it goes back to 1x. This is a brilliant (or so I feel) implementation because it allows me to move quickly through unimportant bits and slow down when I need to see a key moment. Currently I watch the matches in extended highlights but sometimes I wanna see what happens during the period where the match is not shown, who screwed up the pass that led to their build up and so on. I hope someone can tell me there is a button to do that (i know abt the sliders but sliding back and forth is just too unnatural and i have to aim my mouse and Im watching the slider instead of the match). Also, do we need the slider to actually slow down the match slower than the middle/normal pace..does anyone actually do that? For replays yes but the actual match?

Ok really long post, I think it's my first although I've been reading much since the demo was released. Can't wait for the full game!

Ok guess I made my thread too long. I don't want to use the slider as it's hard to slide while watching the match. I want a hotkey to be able to increase and decrease the match speed or even scroll through the available speeds.

Can this be done?

Thanks!

Click the big FM button -- Preferences -- Shortcuts. There's a hotkey setting screen.

In the second half of the list you'll find:

Shift + L Match Speed: Fast

Shift + K Match Speed: Medium

Shift + J Match Speed: Slow

You can change the hotkeys to something simpler like "-" and "=" (I haven't tried, are these already used somewhere?). So, not as ideal as full control of match speed, but there you go.

Click the big FM button -- Preferences -- Shortcuts. There's a hotkey setting screen.

You can change the hotkeys to something simpler like "-" and "=" (I haven't tried, are these already used somewhere?). So, not as ideal as full control of match speed, but there you go.

Thanks for the info mate!

Ark,

You are the man! Exactly what I was looking for! I'm really excited now. Just watched a full match and could see which players were making stray passes and not having a good day.

Thanks! I'm not even more excited abt this game!

Archived