nearly sacked in the demo

Well i was playing as newcastle and i was on a transfer embargo, top of the championship, no games lost. All was going well. Then we get a new chairman who apparantly wanted curbishley in. Now i thought there is no way they would sack me because of the start i have made. but just the day before the takeover was complete i lost 4-0 away to ipswich, fined a player for getting sent off and upset my enitre team all in one go. I then pressed continue to find the transfer was complete and my job was under review.

needless to say i was a bit worried but they let me keep my job! lol.

At Rangers i was doing good... new chairman wanted McCoist to take my job so i sacked him :)

lol.

Ive had about 20 takeovers in various saves at Rangers, alwaus been Ally touted as getting the job.

I just power through and let the new chairman decide if he wants to keep me or not, no been sacked yet.

I got sacked after a take-over on 09, playing september update, got newcastle promoted, great young players, mike ashley wouldn't give me any money to buy any players in the start of the season back in the prem, some-one bought the club and sacked me 5 weeks into life in the premier league being undefeated (although i didn't win a game neither) suppose it happens tho once in a while?

In my save I've just seen West HAm get bought out by a consortium (and delisted from the Stock Exchange - nice touch), they sacked Zola and installed Strachan without him managing a game under the new regime!

I'm guessing that most people who play as NUFC would go through takeovers - has anyone actually been sacked (in the 2010 demo) after a successful change of ownership?

Because I imagine the situation will be similar in the full game - the club is very much available and I'll be damned if I start as my team if I'm going to get sacked every time!

You would have to have done pretty badly over a long period to get the sack after a takeover so mostly it is just speculation.

Dunno about '10, but in the past it always seemed to me that your chances of staying on after a takeover have little do do with how well the team has been doing in the past. Instead, my experience has been that, when they takeover, they give you a few games to prove yourself (2-4 usually), and judge you on those.

I've had a couple of games where I've been doing really well, had a takeover, then lost a couple of games straight after the takeover and been sacked (yet I was never replaced by the person linked to the job before the takeover - they brought in someone else).

Archived