3D Fans

I don't believe the fans are 3D, are they? I thought they were just 2D... just like in the majority of other football games (FIFA has 2D fans iirc).

The main thing is that they add something to the match day experience, which they do, without crippling performance.

I don't care about the fan's graphics.

I care about the player animations which has been improved but not enough to be able to see propoerly each performance ( dribble, tackling, heading, pushing etc... )

Another point, if SI makes a touchline view, or side line, it should correspond to real view, I mean despite "the licence pb", SI I would like to see the player closer, with good animations.

Thanks.

To be fair ive played some more matches on the demo and i do like the different stadium sizes, the frantic celebrations at a goal (a wallof thrashing about, like it ooks on tv! cool!) and the fact that there is an away end for fans. I dont think the feature needs much more added but i wouldnt have thought it would be too difficult to colour some (not all!) of the supporters' bodies the same colour as the clubs' main colour in the squad screens etc, just a small detail to add to the atmosphere in each match. If were getting carried away, what about some flares in southern europe or some banners using the club badges? Wouldnt be hard to code those graphics i dont think? Maybe just for the games against rivals to make them that bit more special (apart from the extra cheeky comments you can direct at their rival manager, which often only makes their players play better after being insulted!)

As far as that supporters screenshot goes, i have noticed that the away fans wear a slightly different shade from the home fans but from what i have seen so far its always dark blue and dark red. Its just coincidence that those are aberdeen and rangers's colours too. I could be mistaken tho!

PS why have rangers been allocated the dick donald stand at pittodrie?! :)

I prefer SI to work for FM2011 on features like :

- animations ( we should have 1000 animations per player to notice properly each player difference ! )

- training ( first wish for me )

- scouting

- improve more medias

- player and manager interactivty

That's it for a perfect game !!!

Cmon this development has only been around for a short time and they have stated it's in working progress and at the end of the day the game play takes away the blurry crowds and limited animations.

from the picture above; I dont notice any red or blue majority anywhere.

I agree that the crowd texture is better than empty stands of 09, I believe for fm11 they will start to animate a bit and more colors representing the teams to fans. Considering the limited visuals for players I would not prioritize audience animations at the moment and focus more on players as much as possible.

I'm hoping that if not in Fm10 for FM11 it will be possible to reflect player height, maybe one more skin color and couple more hair color and hair type so we may be able recognize players just by seeing them without any name or number. Also especially GKs need much more new animations, Fm09 Goalies did not have enough moves to visualise their behaviours. also another poor case was injured players, at least they should shake a bit on the ground now they look like they are shot in the head and lay down still.

I agree, SI has to be very very ambitious in animations improvement, in order to stick more fans for 90min, because we need to see each player individually in order to judge their performance and attributes. SI has to put all the effort on this area ( and training of course ) in order to get the best animations ever made ( reaching close to EA sports or KONAMI ). It's not about fun, it's about realism for the manager to be able to find out each and every attribute of a player, and for that you need 10 times better animations.

Good luck SI and please don't take any holidays and work on FM2011 !!!

from the picture above; I dont notice any red or blue majority anywhere.

I agree that the crowd texture is better than empty stands of 09, I believe for fm11 they will start to animate a bit and more colors representing the teams to fans. Considering the limited visuals for players I would not prioritize audience animations at the moment and focus more on players as much as possible.

I'm hoping that if not in Fm10 for FM11 it will be possible to reflect player height, maybe one more skin color and couple more hair color and hair type so we may be able recognize players just by seeing them without any name or number. Also especially GKs need much more new animations, Fm09 Goalies did not have enough moves to visualise their behaviours. also another poor case was injured players, at least they should shake a bit on the ground now they look like they are shot in the head and lay down still.

The Rangers/Aberdeen split in that pic is faint but its definitely there and I don't think its just a coincidence that they're wearing the right colours either. I agree with Super Bladesman, yes the crowd is extremely basic and yes they only bounce up and down like pogo sticks when they celebrate a goal but I'm delighted its been added as for me it adds a lot to the mach day experience especially when I score a vital goal and I finally in FM actually get to see the crowd go wild.

Although 1 very small thing I'd like to know, why when its a smaller crowd do all the home fans huddle into one stand and leave the other stands empty, why don't they just spread out?

I agree, SI has to be very very ambitious in animations improvement, in order to stick more fans for 90min, because we need to see each player individually in order to judge their performance and attributes. SI has to put all the effort on this area ( and training of course ) in order to get the best animations ever made ( reaching close to EA sports or KONAMI ). It's not about fun, it's about realism for the manager to be able to find out each and every attribute of a player, and for that you need 10 times better animations.

Good luck SI and please don't take any holidays and work on FM2011 !!!

I am sure things would improve when FM 2011 comes around! SI is taking tiny steps at a time where 3D is concerned. I bet that in 10 years time, FM would be the most realistic simulation football game ever known to mankind and stadiums would be the exact replica of real life stadiums and fan behavior would be more diversified! Things can only improve as the years roll by!!!

I like your optimist but 10 years !

I am more exigent than you, I want a huge step in animations and training area for 2011.

I really don't care about fans in stadium, I just want to pass complete 90min seeing all the movement of my player in details and be able to judge without any stats.

Dream, I'm sure no for the next opus.

Thanks.

I am sure things would improve when FM 2011 comes around! SI is taking tiny steps at a time where 3D is concerned. I bet that in 10 years time, FM would be the most realistic simulation football game ever known to mankind and stadiums would be the exact replica of real life stadiums and fan behavior would be more diversified! Things can only improve as the years roll by!!!

Although 1 very small thing I'd like to know, why when its a smaller crowd do all the home fans huddle into one stand and leave the other stands empty, why don't they just spread out?

Because this is what mostly happens irl

Clubs don't expend the cost of opening two stands when all the fans will fit into one.

...animations ( we should have 1000 animations per player to notice properly each player difference ! )

- training ( first wish for me )...

They can't get too close to the players without more licenses, apparently (i.e. nobody can be recognizable). If they were to animate them well enough to capture their idiocincracies, they might well be infringing on those rights.

:thup: on the training. Like tactics, lose the sliders and go for words...

media and player/manager interactivity are improved year-to-year as a default.

Scouting is almost there for me. All it needs is affiliated foreign youth academies.

That is infact how it is in the game.

Yeah i can see a difference in some matches where the home and away fans are in the same stand (more variery of stadia than i feared there might be, great!) but not much colour to their clothes tho is there? Looks like they all spent the hours before the match doing a cycle in the same washing machine

• 1 month later...

What do i need to change in editor so my fans are wearing "red" shirts as a majority. My teams main colors are red an white, with red being main color. In game fans are mostly wearing "white" shirts. So how or what do i need to change????

No I'm being serious, please help me out.

Sorry, I was being flippant because I didn't think there was any way.

However, what you might try is this - use FMRTE, bring up your club and go to 'kits & colours'. Try changing one thing at a time and see if any of them have the desired effect. By doing it through FMRTE you can do trial and error without messing anything up.

• 1 month later...

I just noticed fans wearing rain coats!

I have played games before in the pouring rain, but never noticed them wearing rain coats.

I was thinking why are Scunthorpe fans half in that clear blue colour, then i clicked why!

As it is lashing it down and there's thunder & lighting flashing in the background, they must obviously be wearing rain coats. :D

82634674.png

Nice little realistic feature. :)

You sure? I'm playing in the Scottish Highlands where every game is played in lashing rain. I'm sure I'd notice my 13 supporters were wearing macs.

Yeah well i think they are, i know what you mean, i'm same i never noticed them wearing rain coats before.

But this season when its raining the majority of the crowd are wearing the blue colours, like on the picture i posted above.

So i think they are rain coats, but i could be wrong. ;)

I have never noticed it before when it rains, its just started doing it, in 2012/13 season..

It looks like all the stadiums in FM10 would be closed down or the clubs heavily fined as most of the spectators seem to be standing in the seating areas

FM shows the future, hopefully

Not that it matters, as I've not sat down at an away game in years

As for the rain coats, I don't think they are

Scunthorpe play in Claret and Blue stripes. When a team play in stripes, some fans wear one colour and some fans wear the other colour. Test it with Sunderland, Colchester, Exeter or someone like that.

Or Watch Scunthorpe on a non-rainy day, and it'll be the same

Archived