Goal Keeper Bug??

has anyone notice anything about the goal keepers?

while playing the demo iv noticed a few things that need sorted;

1. The goal keeper throws the ball or passes the ball to a defender who is tightly marked which wouldnt happen if you got any sense lol)

2. iv lost alot of goals with the keeper just standing on the line, i.e. not rushing out to the ball, i notice it seems to happen when their is a defender in the box while the keeper stands and does nothing while the defender is to far away to do anything, (in real life the keeper would rush out and the defender would try to rush to the goal to defend the goal line)

3. when a player kicks the ball to the keeper, the keeper falls to the ground and does not get up, an the stricker runs and score

any one else had this problem??

I havnt experienced any of these problems youve had on fm10 demo so far,in fact i really like some of the nice touches players make during the game.But i did have weird patterns of play in fm09. And i wouldnt say these are down to tactics as most of the mistakes are just too basic.

How many games have you watched so far??

2. iv lost alot of goals with the keeper just standing on the line, i.e. not rushing out to the ball, i notice it seems to happen when their is a defender in the box while the keeper stands and does nothing while the defender is to far away to do anything, (in real life the keeper would rush out and the defender would try to rush to the goal to defend the goal line)

I've conceded twice in the demo because of this, only the keeper didn't even need to rush out to get the ball, he could just walk five yards and pick up the ball, but instead he's just standing there waiting for someone else to get to the ball. It's like my Gk is narcoleptic or something.

i scored a goal where the ball was crossed low to my striker on the six-yard line right next to the keeper, and the striker took a poor first-touch towards the goal but still had time to place it in the corner while the keeper stared at him! In real life the keeper would take ball and man unless he was deceived by the cross being stopped and had already dived past the striker to save, which happens sometimes. But he just stood and watched! Some more activity required for the keepers' movements i think!

Those kind of blunders happen all the time in real life to be fair. Yesterday my keeper (Asenjo) caught the ball from the defender while he was stood right on the line of his area, then he goes and steps forward as he throws it back and gets a card! Now that was silly.

Archived