How good were SI's researchers

bcm

Last night as I was watching Liverpool VS Inter match, I remembered how Ibrahimovic was a great potential in earlier CM versions. I just thought it would be fun to list players who had great potential and used to sign them and now they turned out great. For me:

Ibrahimovic

Gerrard

Carragher

Ronaldinho

Lescott

Wes brown

Ivan Cordoba

Chivu

Craig Gordon

And the ones who didn't make it:

Simon Davies

Mark Kerr

Sigporsson

Andy Marshal

Those are the ones I remmember.

Last night as I was watching Liverpool VS Inter match, I remembered how Ibrahimovic was a great potential in earlier CM versions. I just thought it would be fun to list players who had great potential and used to sign them and now they turned out great. For me:

Ibrahimovic

Gerrard

Carragher

Ronaldinho

Lescott

Wes brown

Ivan Cordoba

Chivu

Craig Gordon

Simon Davies

Mark Kerr

Sigporsson

Andy Marshal

Those are the ones I remmember.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amorwong:

I remember Owen and Saviola being excellent potentials when virtually nobody knew them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHS

Saviola at River Plate icon14.gif

Ronaldinho at Gremio icon14.gif

both virtually unknown at that point,

I remember watching Transworld Sport when Ronaldinho was at Gremio, the reporter did a 5 minute slot about him and said that he would be one to watch, at this point, I'd only heard of him through what was CM, 2 years later he was at PSG then onto Barcelona

Shame about Freddy Adu though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amorwong:

I remember Owen and Saviola being excellent potentials when virtually nobody knew them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are talking about players who had low CA and high PA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

From previous FM/CM releases the ones who didn't are probably easier.

Danny Cadermartari

Francis Jeffers

Michael Ricketts

John Welsh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeffers was signed for £10m so he kinda did make it, but he fell away after that...

Ricketts played for England you know icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Jeffers was signed for £10m so he kinda did make it, but he fell away after that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and now he plays for Sheffield Wednesday (well, takes our wages and sits out injured). Not wuite 'making it'. Don't think he played much for Arsenal did he?

Guest mmrnmhrm

Tsigalko anyone? He had scored an amazing 160+ goals in three seasons for me in one game. Poor chap never made it to the front lines of football in real though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Danny Cadermartari

Francis Jeffers

Michael Ricketts

Jeffers was signed for £10m so he kinda did make it, but he fell away after that...

Ricketts played for England you know icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so did danny mills! doesnt mean he made it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GunnersFan:

In one of the old CM's Aghahowa was class. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

Hmmm...

Kim Kallstrom from Hacken made it... icon_wink.gif

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic from Lyn never made it though,although he was great in the game.He played a game or two for the Bosnian U-21 squad and kinda lost it.Now he's playing somewhere in the lower leagues of Norway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GillsMan:

Anyone who played Champ Manager 1997/98 would have thought that Imrahima Bakayoko was a GOD on the football pitch...er...he wasn't, as Everton fan's will no doubt testify. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! I always signed him.

I think there's also someone called Prospar.....amazing striker frmo Trinidad

Rivaldo was a good one. Great player whilst still a youngster in Brazil.

Nicola Ventola has had a good career to date, but was amazing in one of the CM games.

ronaldinho's little bro:

Riqueleme did show his class at Boca, he was considered Argentina's hottest prospect 10 years ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sirdez24:

Cherno Samba and Serge Makofo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I never knew Serge Makofo was considered a hot prospect, but in FM08 he did turn out to be a decent right winger in the Conference South for me. Hehe.

Well, I remeber on CM4, (yes the game was poor), but Lyon had a young kid by the name of Hatem Ben Arfa who hasn't turned out too bad in real life! Newspapaer reports continue to claim that he's on his way to Manchester United.

And also on CM4 there was a young child, (well, practicaly), by the name of Jimmy Briand who turned out awesome in my 10 year game with Lyon on CM4. He's not bad these days either, with comparisons being drawn between him and Thierry Henry. Even the French media have claimed he's off to Arsenal in the summer!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcm:

Ibrahimovic

Gerrard

Carragher

Ronaldinho

Lescott

Wes brown

Ivan Cordoba

Chivu

Craig Gordon

Simon Davies

Mark Kerr

Sigporsson

Andy Marshal

Those are the ones I remmember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel like i've been signing Tevez for a decade.

The one that didn't quite make it. A young Terry Cooke from Man City was a legend in CM2 (I think).

I've recently found out that he's still on this game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danielgear:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Danny Cadermartari

Francis Jeffers

Michael Ricketts

Ricketts played for England you know icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so did danny mills! doesnt mean he made it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's fair to say that you made it if you played international football for a country like England.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bratto17:

Does any remember Michael Owen from CM2 (not THE Michael Owen), he was something like 31/32 years old and played upfront for Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That WAS Michael Owen, he just seemed to have a random age. I remember signing the 25 year old for Celtic!

I remember a lot from 2001/02 because my brother still plays it on his hamster-powered PC (latest version don't work for him).

Remember Tommy Smith? Offer money for him, Watford say no, a week later he signs a contract with a min release clause of £750k. You sign him and he becomes one of the best players England has ever seen.

Also, Peter Clarke, DC from Everton, had one of the highest PAs on the game.

And yes, Cherno Samba - wot a legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r0x0r:

Dawson was always my "lower league defender for premiership side bargain" until the tottenscum bought him. :-p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn you lack of edit! So was Sodje before he went to Reading. :-(

This is only going back as far as 2006, but Alexandre Pato was a favourite of mine and he moved to Milan for £15million on the summer and is a fabulous striker. In my 2007 game he was absolutely incredible, so much so I bought him for Celtic for £2.8million and sold him to Barcelona for £29million.

Archived