Would this laptop be ok

cheers lads.

ok another question about my own pc

the demo works ok, but 3d a little jerky and sore on the eyes.

i have nvide ge force 7050.

was going to replace it with following card but wanted to know if it will make much difference

thanks in advance

xfx ati radeon hd4650 1gb dd22 silent fanless

Intergrated graphics share your ram and that takes a huge amount of it, so makes your pc run slower and the 7050 is a massive improvement over the intergrated one, just remember to get the latest drivers for the 7050 :)

On the topic of laptops to run FM10 (and 3D match engine!) smoothly, does anyone have any recommendations around the £600-£700 mark? The only thing i'd use it for is FM, music, films and internet, so good built in speakers would also be welcome!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help out. I've been looking aroud the internet, seen a few promising looking SONY laptops, but a mate of mine bought a brand new £500 laptop the other day and the speakers are shockingly poor. My ancient laptop has great built in speakers, so I don't know how brand new laptops can get away with such poor quality - I am there fore delaying buying a new one!

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/654/861/-/12050110/Sony-VAIO-NW20-ZF-S-Core-2-Duo-T6600-2-2GHz-4GB-320GB-DVD-SM-15-5-Windows-7-Home-Premium-64bit-Laptop-Notebook-Silver/Product.html?searchtype=genre

On the topic of laptops to run FM10 (and 3D match engine!) smoothly, does anyone have any recommendations around the £600-£700 mark? The only thing i'd use it for is FM, music, films and internet, so good built in speakers would also be welcome!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help out. I've been looking aroud the internet, seen a few promising looking SONY laptops, but a mate of mine bought a brand new £500 laptop the other day and the speakers are shockingly poor. My ancient laptop has great built in speakers, so I don't know how brand new laptops can get away with such poor quality - I am there fore delaying buying a new one!

general advice from me is do not get acer. i hear nothing but bad things from them and sony are needlessly expensive for what you get your paying for the name with them not the specs.

you would get a good laptop direct from the dell website for that budget core 2 duo processor, dedicated graphics windows 7 and probably 4gb ram. i would take a look at dell's site

I'm hopeless when it comes to computers, do you think this laptop will run the game ok?

Processor - AMD Turion X2 mobile processor RM-74 2.2 GHz Dual-Core

RAM - 4 GB (installed) 8 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM

Hard Drive - 320 GB

Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Screen - 15.6 in TFT active matrix 1366 x 768 24-bit (16.7 million colours)

Optical Drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM

Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 - 512 MB

Thanks in advance

Archived