No fines for backroom staff?

"According to worldsoccer.com, Liverpool's Gerard Nus has expressed a desire to join Tottenham as a fitness coach at White Hart Lane".

I was rather surprised when I investigated disciplining this individual, that I was unable to.

Or maybe I'm being a little harsh? We all have to change jobs at some point, I suppose.

But this doesn't seem the right way to go about things.

Either way - backroom staff should be able to be disciplined as well as players, I believe.

... Do you get wages docked in real-life? I thought you were simply warned then fired through a disciplinary procedure.

I'm not sure really. I don't know the ins-and-out of club management. But you would assume staff could be fined if required.

I wouldn't assume that at all.

The point of fining players is that players actually cost a lot of money in weekly wages, and fining does help the club.

Staff wages are slightly less so it just makes less sense to fine them.

Fining is also useful as you don't really fire players for turning up to training late - they are good players, after all! Such a liberty doesn't come that easily with staff, as there are few who could be considered "The Maradona of coaching", for example.

The point of fining players is that players actually cost a lot of money in weekly wages, and fining does help the club.

I believe most player fines go to charity, rather than coming back to the club :) Certainly at the top level anyway.

I believe most player fines go to charity, rather than coming back to the club :) Certainly at the top level anyway.

Well it's tax-free in that case and they can at least use the charity as a PR front (yes, charitable giving is an important part of a business nowadays...).

Well, I believe that this is a good idea. We should have the option in fining backroom staff as well. I hope SI looks into this matter and includes this in FM 2011!

I agree...as long as it's done in normal day to day club management which I don't believe that it is. I don't think that SI should start just making things up but if clubs do fine staff for this sort of behaviour then it needs to be included in the game.

what may be more appropriate is being able to fire immediately for a breach of contract, this may involve the ex-backroom person recieving no compensation

Agreed; a club's staff member who is looking for jobs elsewhere should accept mutual termination for free in FM (don't know if this is actually the case).

Wouldn't that be kinda illegal?

You can't just fine someone for saying that I want a better/different job.

I've told my previous employeers that I hate this job and can't wait to leave and if they sacked me or fined me for it, they'd get sued!

Wouldn't that be kinda illegal?

You can't just fine someone for saying that I want a better/different job.

I've told my previous employeers that I hate this job and can't wait to leave and if they sacked me or fined me for it, they'd get sued!

I believe IRL people have got sacked for complaining about their current job online as it brings the company into disrepute.

However I find this generally happens when a scout for example wants a coaching post and can generally be resolved by offering that post within your club. I think in turn though the staff member should first come to you asking for promotion/role change.

I think it appears when one of your staff members applies for a job in the job adverts. It's completely natural for a person to want ot progress from scout to youth team coach, to first team coach, to ass man to manager etc. Maybe rather than saying it's been announced on a website you should get a message saying "x has applied for y job with z".

I think it appears when one of your staff members applies for a job in the job adverts. It's completely natural for a person to want ot progress from scout to youth team coach, to first team coach, to ass man to manager etc. Maybe rather than saying it's been announced on a website you should get a message saying "x has applied for y job with z".

I've had somebody say they want to work for me yet i had no posts availible for him to apply for

Archived