Rubbish and Unrealistic

Been playing demo now as brighton and must say major changes needed. this game is totally frustrating and unfair, despite changing formations etc the other team seem to tackle, shot and score unlike mine! my players dont bother to tackle and miss simple one on ones every game not forgetting wondering around like headless chickens. the retail version will need major changes for me to buy it, just a fair game is all i ask not for the AI to score everytime they get to my end of the bloody pitch.

it took a while for me to find the best formation for my team, before i did that i was losing points like crazy .. take your time to adjust.

A friend of mine was managing Arsenal and after something like 15 games he was in 12th place but then changed to a formation he had already used in another save and won the other games.

Constantly changing your formation and tactics will have an adverse effect on your team as they won't be able to settle into a particular style of play.

Secondly, if you think its 'rubbish and unrealistic' don't play, i'm sure the fantastically realistic championship manager/fifa manager games would be happy to have you on board.

Been playing demo now as brighton and must say major changes needed. this game is totally frustrating and unfair, despite changing formations etc the other team seem to tackle, shot and score unlike mine! my players dont bother to tackle and miss simple one on ones every game not forgetting wondering around like headless chickens. the retail version will need major changes for me to buy it, just a fair game is all i ask not for the AI to score everytime they get to my end of the bloody pitch.

I'm a Brighton fan (hence the user name) and although it sucks, I must say it sounds very realistic.

Every year another oh the games unrealistic it's cheating I can't win boo hoo therfore it must be a rubbish game.

It cant be that bad a game or that unrealistic or rubbish considering it's one of the biggest selling game franchises ever on the pc can it now?

I don't understand how this can be the case though, if we are encouraged to change our tactics depending on the quality of opposition and the system they use, and whether we are home or away etc.

Constantly changing your formation and tactics will have an adverse effect on your team as they won't be able to settle into a particular style of play.

I don't understand how this can be the case though, if we are encouraged to change our tactics depending on the quality of opposition and the system they use, and whether we are home or away etc.

I agree, I don't buy this completely either. Teams change the way they way all the time depending on the opposition, even changing formations and players. IRL the players usually manage to cope. Maybe it's large changes? i.e. 4-4-2 into 5-3-2 will confuse the team but not 4-4-2 to 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-4-1? Playing style obviously changes from game to game.

I have to say, I go through a few different formations and styles depending on what I want the team to do. I switch in between a 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-1-2-1-2 and even sometimes a 4-1-4-1 or 4-6-0 and it doesn't seem to make them perform badly. I reckon its actually the way you make each individual player play that makes more difference, i.e. I wouldn't expect my players who play in those formations to be able to play 5-4-1.

If you attend the backroom meeting, your given a

'use one of these formation choices'

by the AssMan when taking over a new club

you might even get handy tips on Target Men styles you have available

your 1st choice Penalty/Freekick takers etc etc

there is infact a lot more information/guidance available to us in FM10 than any other previous version

it may not always be good advice, or correct info.

and there is still info i would like to be available that itsnt

but this is definately the best version of the game so far

I do not understand this criticism. I am playing as Athletic Club Bilbao (yeah, can't sign anyone other than Basque players, and they really don't have any stars). I recently beat Sevilla then beat Real Madrid 4-2 and made it to the top of the table in November. I'm also doing great in the Copa del Rey and in the Europa League.

I've been playing football manager since Championship Manager 2 and this version is far and away the best yet! I love the new tactics system. The graphics are great, the new look is great the new features such as the 'chat' with the backroom staff is great.

Only dissapointment is that they have been too realistic when deciding on how much money to give Liverpool lol.

I agree, I don't buy this completely either. Teams change the way they way all the time depending on the opposition, even changing formations and players. IRL the players usually manage to cope. Maybe it's large changes? i.e. 4-4-2 into 5-3-2 will confuse the team but not 4-4-2 to 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-4-1? Playing style obviously changes from game to game.

I have to say, I go through a few different formations and styles depending on what I want the team to do. I switch in between a 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-1-2-1-2 and even sometimes a 4-1-4-1 or 4-6-0 and it doesn't seem to make them perform badly. I reckon its actually the way you make each individual player play that makes more difference, i.e. I wouldn't expect my players who play in those formations to be able to play 5-4-1.

I must say that changing your tactics and formation too often will result in bad play. In my QPR save, I had just come from winning the Premier League the previous season. That summer I bought a world class AMC, which mandated that I switch my formation up. Even though he was the only new player in the side each game, my team suffered a few terrible draws and a loss as I tried to best fit in his position. Then I switched back to 4-4-2 and the whole team instantly went back to dominating.

So while switching formations sometimes is good to throw off other teams, doing it too often will cause issues.

The tactics system is a massive improvement and what i can only suggest is try and design your own one through classic tactics or wait and find a formation someone has designed so you can download from the tactics center.

Oh having the right players helps as well sometimes the players dont fit in well with certain formations.

Archived