So more people buy the game in Brazil than in the US?

Which part? I doubt more Brazilians or Norwegians buy FM more than Americans, specially the former. I know for a fact lots of South Americans download the game because the price is really high for them. So I really don't understand how there is not an MLS quickstart. Kinda disappointing.

Unfortunately FM isn't even sold in Brazil. But if it were sold certainly it would sell more here than US as football is by far the most popular sport in Brazil. But it looks like Sega isn't interested on emerging markets.

Probably it have Brazilian league as quickstart because Brazil is first in FIFA ranking, and it would be fair to have at least one South American league in the demo. But it's a demo! It's not supposed to have every league present in full game. And why MLS instead Bundesliga.

Said that I think some licensing issue can be the reason MLS isn't in the demo. I read somewhere that Welsh and N. Irish leagues are in the demo for the first time as some licensing issues were solved, or something like that. Just a guess.

Unfortunately FM isn't even sold in Brazil. But if it were sold certainly it would sell more here than US as football is by far the most popular sport in Brazil. But it looks like Sega isn't interested on emerging markets.

Probably it have Brazilian league as quickstart because Brazil is first in FIFA ranking, and it would be fair to have at least one South American league in the demo. But it's a demo! It's not supposed to have every league present in full game. And why MLS instead Bundesliga.

Said that I think some licensing issue can be the reason MLS isn't in the demo. I read somewhere that Welsh and N. Irish leagues are in the demo for the first time as some licensing issues were solved, or something like that. Just a guess.

Why isn't FM sold in Brazil? I thought Brazilians view football as their national sport and would do anything just to play the game?? A small country like Singapore is selling FM on the day of release so why not Brazil?

Just 'cause you come from a country, it doesn't mean you'll want to play there. I'm guessing, from a global perspective, more people are interested in and want to play in Brazil than the MLS.

Also, it gives people a chance to look for quality players that they'd not find with the small database quickstarts from other countries.

Norway would be the 26th largest state in the U.S. based on population. How many FM gamers could there really be in a country with a population of under 5 million?

It's incredibly popular out in Norway so years ago back in the 90's SI released Norway its very own version of the game only availiable in Norway and football is probably a lot more popular in Norway than the states I would imagine besides the MLS is awful anyway the standard of football there is terrible but thats my personal opinion

But SI has the MLS license...I think it's just because they don't give a crap, plain and clear. FM doesn't even sell in Brazil but they include the quickstart in the demo for the Brits who want to play it I guess. Ridiculous.

ridiculous?

haha try being a baseball fan in england buddy

if i want to play a baseball game on my xbox 360 its impossible because everyone who makes them region codes them

last year i had to go as far as play.com asia to get a PAL region MLB 08 on the xbox 360 costing me $57 and a further $19 for shipping

this prompted me to buy a ps3 and i'm now enjoying MLB the show 09 without the need for region coding good old sony

i guess if the markets not there, its a hard decision for the developers to consider it more

ridiculous?

haha try being a baseball fan in england buddy

if i want to play a baseball game on my xbox 360 its impossible because everyone who makes them region codes them

last year i had to go as far as play.com asia to get a PAL region MLB 08 on the xbox 360 costing me $57 and a further $19 for shipping

this prompted me to buy a ps3 and i'm now enjoying MLB the show 09 without the need for region coding good old sony

i guess if the markets not there, its a hard decision for the developers to consider it more

I thought they just released a pal release baseball game on 360 i saw it on amazon and my mate mentioned it to me

Why isn't FM sold in Brazil? I thought Brazilians view football as their national sport and would do anything just to play the game?? A small country like Singapore is selling FM on the day of release so why not Brazil?
Think Brazil have alot of issues with regards to licence laws over there and it's a country where fruad is really high and alot of companies and credit card companies avoid them like the plague.

I don't think it has anything to do with fraud or license laws. By the way, Brazilian banks have a very safe internet and ATM system, I read somewhere it's the safest in the world, some of few thing we can be proud of. In my bank I need at least 3 different password/codes to make any operation.

Actually people can buy it from Steam, but who plays on a Mac or don't like steam need to buy from a UK shop.

I think it's because there aren't Sega here and they don't look for any distribution partnership here. As I said in other thread, Sega is too worried with DRM and protection issues but now so worried with the distribution of its products.

its probably just the MLS works completley differently to the other leagues in the demo and so it saves space to not include it added to the fact that you would be starting half way through the season add up to mean its not worth the extra space it would take up on what is meant to be a relativly small sample of the game

Because they put the norwegian leagues in the main game.

Thanks heavens for that. Otherwise we couldn't play our games with IL Hødd. :p

Anyway, I don't even play MLS in FM, but I think it's rather silly to not include either the Mexican League or MLS in the demo. That can help get North American gamers excited about the release, especially because the MLS is arguably the league that requires the most tweaking from year to year to get it right.

Archived