what is your best ever comeback on fm

Come back within a come back

This is not a great out and out come back, but I was behind in the tie a total of 3 times in the following game!

As we took to the pitch we were 2-4 down from the first leg. Two early goals put me ahead in the tie on away goals. Then Villa scored to make it 4-5 to them. We scored again to make it 5-5 with us ahead on away goals. Then Villa scored again and took the lead to make it 5-6 and we needed two goals to win and one goal to take the match to extra time. The rest as they say is history!!!

GreatGame2.jpg

Edit: Link taken out as it did not seem to work so I just uploaded the image.

I got beaten by Inter as Liverpool in the 1st leg CL Quarter final at the San Siro 3-0. In the second leg I got it to 4-0 then they scored which to make it 4-1 which meant they were through, then from a 92nd minute corner Chiellini heads in to make it 5-1!! I went on to win the CL that season as well :D

I was 4-0 down from the first leg of a CL semi-final against Arsenal. I thought I had no chance but somehow won 5-0 at Ibrox.

A comback in the same game? TBH I can't remember. I don't think I've came back from more than 3 down.

Was in the semis of the Italian Serie C2 promotion playoff once (after finishing 2nd in the league), lost first leg 4-2 away, then fell way behind early in the second leg - 3-0... thought it was beyond over, but then somehow scored 5 goals in the remainder of that match to make it 7-7 on aggregate and advance on higher league position. :)

Played with Leverkusen in the 2. season. Qualifying to the champions league and out of the hat comes Inter Milan. I loose 4-1 away from home and have really no hope of going through since i was overpowered by them. They beat me and I was lucky to get that one goal.

Going home to play them I though I'd start off abit defesive, I end up scoring 3 fast goals on counter attack, and I also score one on overtime. I ended up winning the CL that season to my big surprise. Beating teams like Barcelona, Man Utd and Arsenal on the way. The season after I meet inter again and won over them in the semi finals, ended with them sacking mourinho and hiring me:p

In another game I took over Barcelona 4 seasons in to the game. In CL quarter finals i was playing Arsenal. First game at home and going out with all men in attack... ended up loosing 3-0. But when playing away from home I won 4-1 and got through.

Managing Tottenham got them to FA Cup final against Man U (playing lan, against a friend). It was 4-1 for Man U in the first half, second half 5-4 for Tottenham. Great feeling, great final and the best match I have ever played.

On FM07 I went in against former employer Chelsea 2-0 at half time with Valencia at Stamford Bridge in my opening Champions League group game. Went on to win 3-2, and ended up runners up to Real Madrid.

On FM07 me and my Dad had a long game together and we both started in League Two and both made our way up to the Premiership. Then we left our clubs and he went to Chelsea (Stinking bloody rich!) and I went to Arsenal.

We both had massive success with us both always finishing in the top 2, sometimes he'd win the league and sometimes I would.

Then came the Champions League Final! He was winning 2-0, the game was half way through the second half.. Then my Arsenal team clawed one back thanks to Carlos Vela and then I went All out attack and equalized. Then I took the lead at the dying embers of the game and won 3-2 after being 2-0 down.

I won the Champions League against my Dad when being 2-0 down for most of the game.

I was absolutely delighted and ran around the house screaming in excitement. My Dad was clearly p;ssed off whilst I was dancing!

I'll never forget that game, me and my Dad still talk about it now! Well he doesn't like to talk about it of course :p:thup:

Sunderland 3 Liverpool 4

Sunderland 3-0 up in 20 mins, 1 deflection, 1 unstoppable free kick, and one long range punt from Brunt.

Back to 3-2 by half time with 2 DFK's from Aurelio and Gerrard, Torres broke twice in the last 20 ins to wun the game.

FM10 fwiw.

I have a few:

The most memorable one was on my Chelmsford City save on FM09 in the BSS, away to Farnborough. Despite dominating the game in terms of possession and shots, we somehow found ourselves 2-0 down by HT. I kept the faith early in the second half before eventually pushing men forward. By the 83rd minute or so, we'd made it 2-2. By this point, I was probably being a little reckless and the game started moving from end to end. After surviving a period of pressure on a corner in injury time, someone hoofed it forward to my left back Aidan Palmer, who was free. He decided to run with the ball all the way to the goalline before drilling in the best cross he'd ever made for James Lawson to run in between Farnborough's two CBs and deliver a bullet header just in front of the keeper. The whistle blew right after the kickoff. :D

That season was quite eventful actually... I managed promotion via the playoffs from the BSS (admittedly after reloading in a few games - I hadn't played the game before last year) along with winning the FA Trophy in an epic 3-2 final against Stevenage, who were topping the BSP at the time. There were numerous occasions in which we were losing 1-0 in games against our title rivals before equalising in stoppage time. I know those technically aren't amazing comebacks but they certainly feel like it when you get them!

We were very nearly on the end of a huge comeback ourselves in the FA Trophy semi-finals against Woking... Although they were in the division above, we battered them 5-0 at home in the first leg, thanks in part to a hat-trick from my CB Martyn Giles (and the corner bug which I didn't know existed at the time!). Foolishly believing the tie to be won, I used the second away leg to rest all of my big players and sent the team out in a 5-4-1 formation.

By HT, Woking were 1-0 up and I thought we would be safe. They came out storming in the second half and quickly managed to make it 4-0. With no decent options on the bench, we had to survive an onslaught for about ten minutes at the end, culminating in an amazing double save from my keeper before the ball eventually went out for a goal kick. I know better than to be that arrogant again!

It's a shame that I lost that save when my computer died.

Sunderland 3 Liverpool 4

Sunderland 3-0 up in 20 mins, 1 deflection, 1 unstoppable free kick, and one long range punt from Brunt.

Back to 3-2 by half time with 2 DFK's from Aurelio and Gerrard, Torres broke twice in the last 20 ins to wun the game.

FM10 fwiw.

No beach balls then hahah

In FM09, can't recall which season, I was Inter and was playing Catania away. I was leading 4-0 at half time, scored early in the 2nd half as well, made it 5-0 and then my players left their shirts in the pitch and went to sleep. Final score was 5-5 :D:D

(this is the best comeback I've seen though, not my best)

Archived