Championship in FM10

As a Nottingham Forest fan, I always start with them whenever the latest version of Football Manager is released. I've played the demo as their manager, but not extensively as I don't want to get too engrossed. What I've seen so far suggests it could make for a entertaining save; whilst the squad is pretty good, it definitely needs improving in a couple of areas. By bringing in a few players on loan and one or two on the cheap, I was up to 2nd place and maintaining the position (albeit after only 10 games, so anything could happen).

The thing with the Championship on the game, as in real life, is that it's pretty open with the guise that anyone can beat anyone. I think there aren't many teams in the league that couldn't push for at least a play-off place in the game. I might be talking nonsense, but even if I wasn't a Forest fan, it's the league I would be starting in on my first save.

As a Nottingham Forest fan, I always start with them whenever the latest version of Football Manager is released. I've played the demo as their manager, but not extensively as I don't want to get too engrossed. What I've seen so far suggests it could make for a entertaining save; whilst the squad is pretty good, it definitely needs improving in a couple of areas. By bringing in a few players on loan and one or two on the cheap, I was up to 2nd place and maintaining the position (albeit after only 10 games, so anything could happen).

The thing with the Championship on the game, as in real life, is that it's pretty open with the guise that anyone can anyone. I think there aren't many teams in the league that couldn't push for at least a play-off place in the game. I might be talking nonsense, but even if I wasn't a Forest fan, it's the league I would be starting in on my first save.

I'd say that was pretty much spot on tbh. The Championship, i found, was quite even throughout the demo with lots of teams beating each other. Much like real life tbf.... :)

The thing with the Championship on the game, as in real life, is that it's pretty open with the guise that anyone can anyone. I think there aren't many teams in the league that couldn't push for at least a play-off place in the game. I might be talking nonsense, but even if I wasn't a Forest fan, it's the league I would be starting in on my first save.

Who did you buy or loan to improve your squad?

what formations are you all using? i hate to say it, but im also cardiff and im 2nd from bottom :( first year of pc series after psp series, and what i think looks good with my tactics, really isnt! anyones tactic i can follow? would be a great help.

Im watford sitting mid table after 5 games, very little i can change about the squad as the wage budget has to be cut and i cant get rid of the high earners e.g. ellington.

Interesting.

*goes off to start a Watford save*

edit: Trimmed 4.5k of the deficit by sacking an incredibly crappy coach. All but halfway towards saving the 10k a week within a minute or so of starting the game. Now time to spend the money I've saved :D

Yup, got most of the players I wanted. Flogging De Merit to a Mexican club helped, the board gave me 1m or so of the 1.8m transfer (going through at the end of December, so I'll get to keep him for the rest of the demo) and that gave me a fair amount to spend on wages to bring some freebies in. Most of you will know the players that are available, so I won't name them. Couldn't shift Ellington, though. Rotting in the reserves, my seventh choice striker, on 10k a week.

Three league games in, four points. Probably looking at the play-offs when the lads get used to my tactics.

Interesting.

*goes off to start a Watford save*

edit: Trimmed 4.5k of the deficit by sacking an incredibly crappy coach. All but halfway towards saving the 10k a week within a minute or so of starting the game. Now time to spend the money I've saved :D

Yup, got most of the players I wanted. Flogging De Merit to a Mexican club helped, the board gave me 1m or so of the 1.8m transfer (going through at the end of December, so I'll get to keep him for the rest of the demo) and that gave me a fair amount to spend on wages to bring some freebies in. Most of you will know the players that are available, so I won't name them. Couldn't shift Ellington, though. Rotting in the reserves, my seventh choice striker, on 10k a week.

Three league games in, four points. Probably looking at the play-offs when the lads get used to my tactics.

you got 1.8mil for de merit thats good i had to settle for 500k from newcaslte. just sacked the coach that was on 4.1k but my wage budget hasnt changed for some reason.

I am a Derby County fan but can never seem to enjoy managing my own team. I think it comes down to the fact that the Derby squad are a bit boring on FM, although Miles Addison will get good.

"Nigel Clough is a ram, is a ram, is a ram, Nigel Clough is a ram, HE HATES FOREST!"

Archived