Downloading Drivers...

Hi,

I am currently downloading the latest drivers for my nVidia GeForce 7100, and I was wondering what effect this has had on people's graphics? Has anyone had an experience of significant improvement?

I'm just wondering what effect this will have, if any...

Cheers.

Yes m8 if it's off the nivida site you can reassured it's there poor bandwith of download speeds :(

Just hang in there and remember to unistall the old driver first from add and remove programs, once you have removed the old driver reboot the computer and install the new driver you have downloaded :)

To be honest Ryan you will not make the game look any better because the graphics in the game are basic and no good graphics card in the world can make it look 100 times better, but what it will do updating the drivers is making the 3d engine run smoother and that's what counts the most when you have basic graphics to deal with.

Right, that's uninstalled and I'm currently downloading the new driver now, could this go seriously wrong or is it relatively risk-free.... probably a stupid time to ask that.

As you can see, I'm a real novice when it comes to these things.

Uh oh, It's coming up with this message:- The contents of this file cannot be be unpacked. The executable you are trying to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again.

Oh I'm getting worried now :(

Updating graphics drivers can have severe consequences for some games e.g. one update made my Star Wars: KOTOR game crash on the first level. If you have problems just rollback the driver.

Is that the nividia drivers absolute? ATI always had a problem with and reverted back to nividia who have been no problem over the years :)

Is this the 191.07 update? I am thinking of getting it for my FX 6200. Is it worth it?

Personally i would as that was released this month and any driver update is good for your system and for your latest games :)

Oh by the way 191.07 does not cover your card :(

Yes m8 if it's off the nivida site you can reassured it's there poor bandwith of download speeds :(

Just hang in there and remember to unistall the old driver first from add and remove programs, once you have removed the old driver reboot the computer and install the new driver you have downloaded :)

i`ve never had any problem with the downloading of the driver updates off that site i always seem to get at least 500kbs or higher

It does not? But i checked the supported cards and The 6200 is there!

Series 6 cards right..

There is a nivida tool on there website which would confirm this or not but i thought the 6200 came under the fx series which there was a update last year only for.

Update can confirm 191.07 does cover yours :) So your be ok and yes would update :)

Was reading through this topic, and decided to update my graphics card driver. Just as I was reading Ryans sentence "Uh oh, It's coming up with this message:- ", the whole screen went blank. Fair to say I may have pooped my pants a little, and then it all came back in glorious technicolour.

PC's make me ill.

Yeah it does that the blank screen and flickering and does make you wonder has it or hasn't it lol

Archived