balls bouncing off players

hi. the ME still feels somewhat unrealistic because way too often the ball keeps on bouncing back off players as if they were peices of metal deflecting the ball.

in real, players would at least attempt to control the ball and only very rarely does the ball bounce very far off a player usually it stops dead fairly nearby.

it kinda kills your feeling of a simulation and makes you realise its just some unrealistic computer game.

Disagree as it comes across to me that the player goes to clear or pass the ball and hits the same side player through error of the players ability, and have seen plenty of football matches over the years to see this happen.

I am with Cynet on this, it does happen. As for some of the bounces being unrealistic, I would agree with this the bounces sometimes seem a bit excessive. Best one I have seen though was the Sporting CP Keeper clearing it straight into the back of his defender, it bounces backwards and straight into the net...great. 1-0 victory.

But anyway back on topic, I think these are realistic, in a 20 year game on FM09 I only saw it happen in a major case about 3-4 times, these are the ones that led to goals, the others were just minor deflections or similar small movements of the ball. And this is realistic to me.

in the fm10 demo with arsenal it happens loads every match with me. it just seems too much.

I do admit I have not played the demo too much, but I would have to say check whether it is always the same player and then look at some of his stats, the one who kicks the ball, does he have poor passing, decisions, etc?

It really depends on the level of match detail you look at. If you look at the whole match it happens A LOT, at least in FM09. Players kick it into their own players. Players not even paying attention to passes from their own players. Some perhaps are even aware but their first touch is SO terrible that the ball bounces off very far. I'm not talking about lower leagues here either. If you don't look at the whole game you won't see a lot of it happening because in many cases they are not important.

I have not played FM10.

Archived