FM10 Demo: Played 26 games, Won 6, Drawn 7, Lost 13, playing with Arsen and New Utd

Is it just me, or has FM10 got extreamly hard to win games with who ever you play as. Since downloading the demo, i have played few friendly games, with my team Derby county against minnow team including Falkirk, and didnt win in 3 games. Then new game as Arsenal And played first 10 games and found myself in 15th getting beaten by wigan at home, man u away, stuttgart away, hull away, liverpool home, blackburn home, and draws against burnley and bolton both home spring to mind, it seems i can score one a game but i very rarely score more than that.

Started new game as Newcastle and same problems, i only drew 1-1 to the GH acadamy with playing a fairly strong team and we had to score in the 81st min to make it 1-1. First 4 league games- 1-0 lost to west brom, then lost the next two and drew 2-2 4th game.

Can anyone help me? am i getting something wrong, i design my own tactics with a 4-3-1-2 tactic cos that how i like to see my teams play. Is anyone else finding it hard to win with teams far supiorior to my opponents,

Like in real life, Arsenal wouldnt draw at home burnley and wigan, WHY ???!!!!

As a contrast - my save game is going extremely well. I usually start in the lower leagues, but my Liverpool team has won 10 out of 13 Premiership games and remain unbeaten. It will probably be down to your tactics. It's all very well designing them yourself - but it doesn't mean they are going to be good tactics! Maybe have a think through your instructions.

Arsenal lost at home to Hull last year, and Man Utd have been beaten by Burnley this season. Anything can happen in football.

Understand your point and you are correct, but not sure giving individual, isolated results is a reason for the OP's failings. It seems they are struggling generally in two separate games. Many people have been saying like people have said in this thread the opposite to what you said. I think it is about right to be honet! Try looking in the good players and team guide and look at Arsenal and see what different managers are doing. Also maybe look in tactics and training guide. Cannot really give you any specific advice as I have not managed the 'Gooners' :)

If I was going to give specific advice then what I have learnt from both FM09 and 10 is that you cant really play the same tactics/formation home and away and especially in Europe (away) which reflects real life. From my experiences don't play so attacking away from home, and don't play so wide, play a bit more narrow which is harder to break down and concentrate playing the ball down the middle of the park. If you have a quick forward line then for an away game try the counter attack and soak up a bit of pressure and then hit them quickly! This advice is for away games.

The more time you spend on the game the better results you get or I hope. Spend time tweaking your tactics for individual players, and play to your strenghts! Try and do what Arsenal do best in real life - attacking free flowing football lots of roaming/high creative freedom etc. Buy a great anchor man that is bought to not look good but to be effective - break up attacks and give it simple for the other players to do what they do best! Buy a good keeper etc. I could go on all day but you could have tried this already! Hope your results turn around! :)

This is why its a game, a simulation, events in the game are based on your players, your tactics, your morale etc. It's up to you to mould a winning team. Just because you start as Man Utd, Playing with the wrong tactics and wrong players will result in loses.

FM is not about recreating the scores you see on a saturday afternoon but more about recreating the pressures of been Alex Ferguson week in week out.

You will get lots of satisfaction when you do start winning and even more frustration when nothing goes right. Roy Keane Anyone??

i was struggling a bit defensively then i watched match of the day on saturday night and i think it was steve bruce who said something about a covering defender, i then set 1 defender to cover the other one and hey presto 2 clean sheets in a row and a five match unbeaten record just goes to show a small tweak can make such a diffrence just need to think things through in real terms after all fm is a football simulation

I managed Barcelona in the demo and found the game almost too easy. Why? Because with common sense and finding the right tactics I was able to make Barcelona play almost like they do in real life. I used a 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3 with a dm and an AML and AMR) formation, set one defender to cover the other (who is my ball playing stopper). I set Messi as an Inside winger on the AMR position and used 2 playmakers (one deep lying, Xavi and one advanced Iniesta) and one ball winning midfielder. In the competition I think I have played around 16 matches, won 13 and drew 3. There was a match I won 7-1.

Conclusion, it is all about tactics. The players react very nicely to what I ask from them. At first I had too little possesion, that was because I played fluid with a lot of creative freedom. So I switched back to balanced and cut down the players with creative freedom. Also I found playing away with the setting Control, gave me a lot better chances conversion ratio and I kept clean sheets more easily.

Before I started the demo with Barcelona I also played with Arsenal and struggled a lot because now I know I was playing way too creative and attacking. So now with FM2010 I have realised that using your common sense with the tactics works best. Let your players play as realistic as possible and results will come. :)

I managed Barcelona in the demo and found the game almost too easy. Why? Because with common sense and finding the right tactics I was able to make Barcelona play almost like they do in real life. I used a 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3 with a dm and an AML and AMR) formation, set one defender to cover the other (who is my ball playing stopper). I set Messi as an Inside winger on the AMR position and used 2 playmakers (one deep lying, Xavi and one advanced Iniesta) and one ball winning midfielder. In the competition I think I have played around 16 matches, won 13 and drew 3. There was a match I won 7-1.

Conclusion, it is all about tactics. The players react very nicely to what I ask from them. At first I had too little possesion, that was because I played fluid with a lot of creative freedom. So I switched back to balanced and cut down the players with creative freedom. Also I found playing away with the setting Control, gave me a lot better chances conversion ratio and I kept clean sheets more easily. :)

Mensell have you been on my Demo lol. I have had a couple of loses but our tactics seem to be almost identical both in terms of the formation and the player instructions. And you tweaking your away tactics is the same as me. I have Y.Toure as a anchor man but each to their own i guess! I guess we are trying to play how Barca play in real life. I would not say its too easy because anything but the best is a failure with Barca and how can you improve on last season? You cant.....well not in competition wins anyway. :)

Take a trip to good player and team guide and have a look at Barca! Maybe upload some images of your game, its good fun!!!

Listen to your ass man,he has some very good advices.He will tell you what tactics best suit your team,and many other things including pre-match advices.New tactics creator is a brilliant new feature,it helped me a lot.FM 10 is much more smoother than 09,by the looks it's easier to win a game and i think it is more realistic.I hated FM09 although i wasn't so bad while playing 09,but i think they overcomplicated it.This really looks like it will be the best FM,and i don't even want to start a new save with my favourite CM 0102 until i play a few seasons with FM10.

Im playing as grimsby and doing AWFUL, awful even for grimsby,looked at some comments here and tried some more defensive tactics for an away match, was 5-0 down by half time. Put attacking tactics on and didnt concede any more goals. But jesus christ, I was fine in pre-season, i've tried quite alot of things in tactics now. I seriously don't understand how it can be my tactics making my team THIS bad. Also when you do touchline tactics, is the box being stuck there for the rest of the match a glitch?

Try clicking the touchline tactics button again..should make it disapeer :)..

Had similar problems in my OM game with tactics and loosing / drawing to much weaker sides. Decided to delete my tactic and start from scratch and analyse the stats for all of the different positions I could put my players in (when it highlights what stats are needed for what position in the creator)..since doing that I haven't lost :)

Archived