Feature amendment request: Move matches for TV

I have one suggestion of which I hope it might even be able to be implemented very short-term.

The 'move matches for TV' option, when unticked, leads (with the odd exception) to all matches taking place at the same time which is very useful in network games because it stops the players to be waiting for each other all the time during match days as they now are playing their matches at the same times. :thup:

However, what it doesn't do (and changing that is my request) is to harmonize the match days of different countries.

I.e. all English matches take place on Saturdays, but all matches in Italy or Spain take place on Sundays.

I know, these are the traditional match days in the respective nations, but the option then becomes nearly useless when managers play in certain different nations (Germany, France or England plus Italy or Spain, for example). Then, basically every game is again a waiting job for the other human player and costs ridiculous amounts of time over the course of a season. (example: 38 games by 20 minutes per game makes 13(!) real time hours wasted per season :mad: - and given that my network game just takes place one night a week that's a hell of a lot of time to us, so to anyone affected the improvement would be BIG)

In result, in a network game (for which I assume the option was mainly designed) you are left with the choice of either not managing in Italy or Spain at all (if started in England for everyone) or accept the uselessness of the setting (in some cases it might then even be better to have it turned off as then at least a chance is left to be playing at the same time).

Would it thus be possible to change that for the future?

Cheers :)

Well, it seems I haven't left enough in the post to discuss ;)

So: Please feel free to vent your agreement (even if not affected) ;)

Too bad you cannot see who looked at a thread on here :( Could I see a badge next to one of those who read it, I might as well have let it go down further.

Not sure if it is possible yet, but with the new editor you might be able to edit the spanish and italian leagues and make them play their games on a saturday.

I know from one of the blogs when you set up a new league you can choose the day that the games are played on.

I know it's not ideal to have to go into the editor but this could solve the problem.

Not sure if it is possible yet, but with the new editor you might be able to edit the spanish and italian leagues and make them play their games on a saturday.

I know from one of the blogs when you set up a new league you can choose the day that the games are played on.

I know it's not ideal to have to go into the editor but this could solve the problem.

Cheers :) Thought about that as well, but it would obviously be easier if the available option in the game did not just stop at half-way.

Do I agree with that statement? hell yeah. I think I brought the question up in the Edit Forum. At the time not possible with 2009. Currently doing a network game with my friend in Spain and Italy, as good as it is that sometimes when I play a game he can get on with scouting, it just doesn't work like that once your into the season and past transfer windows. When the games come thick and fast it it can start to become a bit annoying while he has all the fun with 2 games in a row or vice versa.

Obviously I imagine its not easy, with winter breaks and different style cup competitions, but when it comes to the weekend league fixtures it would be a god send to have all at saturday 3pm or at least the leagues in europe follow the same pattern.

Please let this be possible in the New Editor!!!!!

Well, at least it shows that those people affected would probably a send a keg of beer to the SI studios if they got it implemented ;)

Maybe this would have had more feedback in the editors or online forum, where those people maybe stick around a bit more than here...

Jayahr, the idea made great sense to me from my network experiences, which were fine when we were in the same division but got pretty frustrating by the time we were scattered across Europe - midweek games Tue, Wed, and Thu, weekend games Sat and Sun ..

I almost wonder if the ideal refinement to it wouldn't be "Don't move matches for TV" but rather "Play all matches on the closest Saturday / Wednesday". Not quite as easy to code, and it might miss some of the entertaining nuances of certain leagues' schedules (Boxing Day matches, for example) but certainly would be a massive improvement for the speed of network games.

You might "Up" this in about two months when the "ohmygod the new game is out" furor is past, and/or cross-post-to/link-to-from the "Wishlist" thread .. we do advise a unique thread for a well-thought-out idea, but those will both up the odds of somebody from SI seeing it.

Its a shame a player is held back in a network game. I suppose the ultimate scenario would be being able to play freely, in your own time without having to be on together at the same time. So say jayahr could plod along playing his games when he wants if his buddies aren't available, but the others could do the same. I undrstand that would be hard though as football is a very "current" game. Jayahr could just be chatting to his mates about the game, then log on and pinch their signings without any competition for example. Not to mention league and cup fixtures. Still, its a nice thought :)

Another point somewhat related to this.

Rearranged games in the English lower leagues should be played on a Tuesday, not a Wednesday. The initial midweek fixtures are on Tuesdays but rearranged ones due to internationals etc, are scheduled on a Wednesday which shouldn't happen. I thought that had been fixed in FM10, but judging by the demo, apparently not

• 3 months later...

I think the most important point for players who enjoy the excitement of a network experience is speed. A season should be playable in an acceptable amount of time. Really great would be a season in one day, but even half of this would be great and indeed, every win of speed is a win of motivation and fun.

I have posted an other thread about this topic, cause it is an very important point and also the reason for a buying decision.

For me, i would accept a little less realism for a better network game.

But this depends on the way, how the developers will implement this feature.

I would also accept a manual way of creating a timetable for the human controlled clubs.

Like just marking a checkbox in front of the matches and then clicking on the "merge for tv-show"-Button. Then every player who is affected by this decision gets an e-mail with the new match dates and he can confirm or deny. Thats easy to implement, cause the feature of moving matches to other dates is yet in the game. Its not much more work for the players, just clicking a few checkboxes and thats it. I bet 95% of the online players would accept this manual way to get an faster network game.

Of course an automatic summarize function for tv-matches( a good working one) would get an acceptance of 100%. But AI is never perfect.

I would suggest a two-matchday-week with games on thursday and sunday for human controlled clubs. That should be a solution for managers in all countries. Its a little bit less realism, but great for the network game.

There is also another way to have just one tv-show, but there is no need to move the matches. e.g. one club plays on tuesday, another one on wednesday and the third on thursday.

The game stops on tuesday, the player makes his game decisions like tactics and the line-up. Then he clicks on proceed and the game goes straight to wednesday (without showing the tuesday-game). The next player defines his line-up, proceeds and its thursday.

The last player does his job and when he is done, there are three matches at the same time.

The only problem is, that the player number one looses 2 days where he cant make changes in the training like giving his players some rest. But i would also say, thats acceptable for a online players.

Of course there are some difficulties like what happens if one player of the line-up gets injured on wednesday, but thats not a very big deal for developers who made such a great game.

Have fun and keep discussing about this topic - who knows, maybe its in the next patch.

You might "Up" this in about two months when the "ohmygod the new game is out" furor is past, and/or cross-post-to/link-to-from the "Wishlist" thread .. we do advise a unique thread for a well-thought-out idea, but those will both up the odds of somebody from SI seeing it.

Bumped further upon mod request ;)

I almost wonder if the ideal refinement to it wouldn't be "Don't move matches for TV" but rather "Play all matches on the closest Saturday / Wednesday". Not quite as easy to code, and it might miss some of the entertaining nuances of certain leagues' schedules (Boxing Day matches, for example) but certainly would be a massive improvement for the speed of network games.

This is pretty much what I would like to have :):thup:

I don't care how to word it. You might change it then to be more precise or add this as an additional option.

Have fun and keep discussing about this topic - who knows, maybe its in the next patch.

Thanks for your support, but I'm afraid it's too late for that now unless SI have already done it.

Dont play network so this wont affect me but I dont see why the calendar should be altered just so that you can play a network game. Sounds rather selfish imo.

What part of the word 'option' is it you don't understand?

I'm not going to apologize for suggesting something which I would like which is at no expense to others.

Archived