How do you conceeed your goals....

its been ennoying me on fm alot recently out of no were the goals i conceed have became so repetative its not even funny anymore.

It goes something like this there are 2 centrebacks and 2 strikers CB A and CB B and Striker 1 and Striker 2

Centre back A Marks STriker 1 and centre back B marks Striker 2

long ball up from the opposition Striker 1 goes backwards with Centre back A for the header.

Striker 1 wins the header and nods it down to strker 2

Striker 2 plays the ball into the space left buy Centre back A

Striker 1 runs on to the ball into the space and scored regardless of his finishing level

Im using the patch 8.02 and im just wondering if anyone else has had these rpoblems were the goals they conceed become really repetative and if you do can you post down how you stoped it or did it stop buy itself

SI as i heard some one say yesterday: Its not conceeding the goals that ****es me off its how you conceed them

its been ennoying me on fm alot recently out of no were the goals i conceed have became so repetative its not even funny anymore.

It goes something like this there are 2 centrebacks and 2 strikers CB A and CB B and Striker 1 and Striker 2

long ball up from the opposition Striker 1 goes backwards with Centre back A for the header.

Striker 1 runs on to the ball into the space and scored regardless of his finishing level

Im using the patch 8.02 and im just wondering if anyone else has had these rpoblems were the goals they conceed become really repetative and if you do can you post down how you stoped it or did it stop buy itself

SI as i heard some one say yesterday: Its not conceeding the goals that ****es me off its how you conceed them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevooo:

SI as i heard some one say yesterday: Its not conceeding the goals that ****es me off its how you conceed them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would suggest you have a look around the tactics forum.

Some things to look at and change:

Why is striker 1 winning the headers?

Is your defender worse in the air than the striker? Have you got other defenders that are better in the air than the striker? If not don't compete for the ball, sit back so they can't play the 1-2.

You could also push your D-line up so they can't play direct balls.

You could play 3 at the back so the spare man sweeps up the through ball.

Basically if you are letting in the same type of goals work out why and adjust your tactics.

My Fiorentina team conceded ~60 goals in Serie A last season (plus another boat load in other competitions), but I don't specifically remember how any one of them was conceded.

I shout and scream at the screen, hurl whatever is to hand down onto my settee and then move on icon_smile.gif

My team concedes goals in any manner the AI decides to win the game from me. Even if you set up the most defensive formation using players in their positions, it makes no difference as it will score screamers from very tight angles with any players & mostly from the very first attempt on goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I tend to concede ridiculous goals to good clubs. ie. defensive scramble that normally involves the goalkeeper running around like a headless chicken. or 35 yard stunner's from a club facing relegation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never man-mark unless it's a striker whose main quality is his strength (EG, Heskey, Carew). I just defend deep and set my CBs to Defensive mentality.

Best defence in the league 3 years running, although I'm playing as the money-pot known as Chelski so it's not the most amazing acheivement. Although no matter how much money you have, 9 goals conceded by Christmas is not bad. Post-Xmas slump I've conceded 22 by March, but I put that down to the AI "cracking" my tactic and I'm currently winning every game 3-2 and 4-3. Still tweaking.

I mostly concede them from diagonals. For some weird reason the goalkeeper has the tendency to get out of the goal everytime the oposition has the ball. When they are attacking from the wings this sadly means that nothing is standing between them and the goal. I would understand if the goalkeeper was between the attacker and the goal but no he is standing in the middle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sleeper77:

My team concedes goals in any manner the AI decides to win the game from me. Even if you set up the most defensive formation using players in their positions, it makes no difference as it will score screamers from very tight angles with any players & mostly from the very first attempt on goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from my experience any 'park the bus' tactic is not going to work on 802 (unlike 801). it's a lot easier to get decent resoult by playing your normal style. which is strange IMO, in real world it is much, much easier to defend than attack.

but as I said this is how I see it. maybe someone found the way to defend well.

I have noticed that playing normal will get less goals conceded than over defending. However, the thing is I have tried a few ideas for a 4-4-2 and yet my "highly rated" defenders will all have a moment of day dreaminess at the same time and easily concede the winning goal. This rarely happened the previous season, but now is too common an occurrence. I will look into the tactics forum but I still find this very odd when it is becoming a very common thing.

I do tweak my tactics every now and then when needed, but I still silly goals in any position even if my defenders have been playing well all game. I will still look into this further, at least I know now that "parking the bus" tactics will not help in this version.

I conceed far too many considering I'm top of the league. You can almost predict that away from home in a big game you will conceed in the first 5 minutes and it'll either be an incredible long range strike or your CB or GK will dwell on the ball icon_mad.gif

Personally I think all tactics will work as long as you play them correctly.

This last couple of versions I've really struggled with the game and almost given up but recently I'm enjoying it possibly more than ever.

What changed was that I basically started again from the beginning.

A) Read the instruction manual from cover to cover - Found a handful of things I either didn't know or had misinterpreted.

B) Read the tactics forum and got a better understanding of what the sliders actually do and that isn't always what you presume.

C) Started watching full games at a higher speed rather than highlights.

D) Possibly been better starting at a very low club, better players stand out easier.

As a bad team yes I am conceding goals but I can now identify why and understand how best to try and stop it. Sometimes though you just have to accept that the striker is better than your defender.

For anyone struggling I would strongly recommend C, it has made a huge difference to my game.

Just because the highlights show you conceding from a through ball to a striker doesn't mean you should alter your tactics because they perhaps haven't shown the 20 odd through balls that went out for a goalkick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevooo:

Striker 1 runs on to the ball into the space and scored regardless of his finishing level </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how good is your team doing in the league?

I find headers (flick on's) not much of a threat on 802. for the same reason also target men.

so, in tactical aspect your problem is either:

- to much closing down set on your DCs (they need to hold the position, especially if they're not far superior to opp strikers or they lack pace and decision). never have them on more than 5 (own area). -->

- are you using closing down on opp strikers via opp instructions? you must be very carefull when doing so (only set it on big guys who lack pace and skill)

- bad luck. maybe you're far superior side in your league and that's the only way teams can score against you.

Even with very defensive settings on the centre backs they do still rush forward like idiots and concede the exact same goal as described above.

You just have to hope that your full backs and central/holding midfielder work hard enough to get into the gap that is left.

Another example of why pace is important, it does help sweep up the mess from the dumb moves your players are inclined to make in the match engine.

Even with very defensive settings on the centre backs they do still rush forward like idiots and concede the exact same goal as described above.

You just have to hope that your full backs and central/holding midfielder work hard enough to get into the gap that is left.

Another example of why pace is important, it does help sweep up the mess from the dumb moves your players are inclined to make in the match engine.

can we have a look at your exact DC settings. as well as your opposition instructions, so we can be 99% sure that's ME faoult, not yours.

as I said it's very odd for me that you're having problems with flick on's.

SI as i heard some one say yesterday: Its not conceeding the goals that ****es me off its how you conceed them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The damn 25yrd screamer in the dying minutes is usually the way in 1/3 of games. I usually win games quite comfortably but they always seem to be able to score a belter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It goes something like this there are 2 centrebacks and 2 strikers CB A and CB B and Striker 1 and Striker 2

Striker 1 runs on to the ball into the space and scored regardless of his finishing level </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That type of goal is one aspect of the game I have issues with. The way that whichever player looses out in the aerial challenge freezes on the spot (I'm guessing this represents the fact that he's flat on his arse). I think it is a little overdone considering these are professional athletes who should be capable of getting back to their feet a lot quicker assuming they aren't injured in the challenge.

Also because of this there is nothing tactically you can do against it except try to keep your biggest cb on their biggest striker and hope he wins the header (but this is next to impossible unless you watch matches in full due to strikers swapping positions and specific man marking not really working in the way you would expect). Low closing down makes no difference to centre halfs challenging with the striker if they see themselves as the only player between the striker and the goal. I have mine set to the bare minimum and they still do as Stevooo posted.

And as Cougar2010 said there are many times where no matter how well your tactics appear to be set up, your players will let you down (for example a CB set to specific man mark a striker tight but just stands still as the striker runs off him despite having similar acc/pace, or anticipation or positioning vs off the ball, or high marking/concentration).

On this version though I think there is a bias towards the attacker. Even when you have a top class centre half playing against an inferior striker it is next to impossible to replicate the real life 'had him in his back pocket' scenario. If the opposition thinks they can get something from the game and decide to attack then they will get opportunities (442 Long farrow in England or the 424 spring to mind). This is the reason why it is so much easier to keep clean sheets as a top side because the AI never bothers to have a go.

That's been my experience of playing it anyway icon_smile.gif

i conceed goals in all manner of ways.

terrible mistake from jamie 'frank spencer' carragher bouncing to an oppo plyaer.

long range shots

players running at my defnece and slotting home

player rounding the keeper to score

curling shots, power shots, low shots high shots. everything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It goes something like this there are 2 centrebacks and 2 strikers CB A and CB B and Striker 1 and Striker 2

That type of goal is one aspect of the game I have issues with. The way that whichever player looses out in the aerial challenge freezes on the spot (I'm guessing this represents the fact that he's flat on his arse). I think it is a little overdone considering these are professional athletes who should be capable of getting back to their feet a lot quicker assuming they aren't injured in the challenge.

Also because of this there is nothing tactically you can do against it except try to keep your biggest cb on their biggest striker and hope he wins the header (but this is next to impossible unless you watch matches in full due to strikers swapping positions and specific man marking not really working in the way you would expect). Low closing down makes no difference to centre halfs challenging with the striker if they see themselves as the only player between the striker and the goal. I have mine set to the bare minimum and they still do as Stevooo posted.

And as Cougar2010 said there are many times where no matter how well your tactics appear to be set up, your players will let you down (for example a CB set to specific man mark a striker tight but just stands still as the striker runs off him despite having similar acc/pace, or anticipation or positioning vs off the ball, or high marking/concentration).

On this version though I think there is a bias towards the attacker. Even when you have a top class centre half playing against an inferior striker it is next to impossible to replicate the real life 'had him in his back pocket' scenario. If the opposition thinks they can get something from the game and decide to attack then they will get opportunities (442 Long farrow in England or the 424 spring to mind). This is the reason why it is so much easier to keep clean sheets as a top side because the AI never bothers to have a go.

That's been my experience of playing it anyway icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've never experienced that. could it be considered to be like the scoring from corners bug?

sound strange.

but then i never man mark anyone (presuming it's man marking in what you quoted?)

left this overnight and no one was replying icon_redface.gif.

well to the people wondering who is normally challenging in the air for me its vidic, and i play with a pritty high line on my deffence. this wasnt happening to me 1 season ago and ive conceed 13 goals in the prem im in february and all 13 have been identical i tried playing a sweeper and sacrafising my wingbacks but i left to much time for them down the wings.

Im glad i have a double glazed concervintry door because im a sore looser and i make sure my team know what i think of them. ronaldo missed a pen so i sent him to the reservs for 2 weeks icon_biggrin.gif his first ever pen miss needless to say my reservs were on top form for 2 weeks XD

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

That's been my experience of playing it anyway icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

err what you said about the player falling on his ass. How ennoying mine fell on his ass if that is what it is when they freeze but his legs were moving around and he was turning around just not moving. I actually felt sorry for him for some reason, he was like a spider trapped in the toilit or something :S

Archived