Different Release Dates

Are you serious?

I pre-Order with a company in NZ so I can get it shipped, their site has said 30/10/09 since it was announced, and now I get the following email:

Just a quick email to let you know our suppliers have advised us today that the New Zealand release date for Football Manager 2010 has changed from 30/10/2009 to 06/11/2009.

Our suppliers have indicated that this new date is looking solid at this stage. :)

It is now 9 days out from the supposed release and they tell us that it is not coming. Can I ask why a "Worldwide" release date is announced if it is not going to be available Worldwide on that date?

And before anyone states the obvious, yes I can download it, but I wanted the actual disk, I wanted the box, and also in NZ we have download limits so this will just end up costing me more when I have to pay for the extra bandwidth for this month.

Takes longer to ship the manufactured discs/boxes to NZ?

I could accept that, if it was not for the date changing just 9 days out.

If that was the sole reason then clearly that could've been calculated at the beginning.

I guess I am now going to cancel my Pre-Order and download it and incur that extra cost instead :(

I feel your pain LLR, went into my local EB Games yesterday where I have it pre-ordered. They still don't know when they're getting it in so I'll assume from your info it'll be the 6th.

I am not willing to wait haha, so I have just cancelled. I ordered through Mightyape cause they had the best price around for the pre-order. I have no instead purchased through Steam which cost me $6 more, but oh well no real complaints. I just wanted it straight away haha. I am a bit impatient like that. :) (especially as I have the 30th off work)

I am not willing to wait haha, so I have just cancelled. I ordered through Mightyape cause they had the best price around for the pre-order. I have no instead purchased through Steam which cost me $6 more, but oh well no real complaints. I just wanted it straight away haha. I am a bit impatient like that. :) (especially as I have the 30th off work)

Yeah, I got the 30th off work too and its way too close now to change to a week later, I can't see any reason why NZ is getting it a week later than advertised, and it can't have anything to do with shipping etc as it came out this time last year on the exact same date as the UK. I could wait, but this is FM we are talking about!! Before last year I spent the previous 8 waiting weeks after release for Gameplay to post the thing to me, I now believed that just like ALL other games we would ALL be able to play on the same day, but it seems not.

Does ANYONE here know the reason why we are getting the game late, or does NZ just not matter to SI?

Considering Australia is still getting it on the same day it is clearly not shipping. So I am now completely baffled, so I have ended up going for the digital download as I did last year, it sucks, but with the good exchange rate it ended up cheaper anyway...just hate using my 1/4 or so of my DL limit in one day.

Yes last year it was available here, but no stores ordered any extras, only their Pre-Orders, I am beginning to think this is the whole issue here. I think there is only a small number of players in NZ and this plays against us.

Does ANYONE here know the reason why we are getting the game late, or does NZ just not matter to SI?

I tried buying the game in NZ the day it came out from EB last year, I waited a week and they still hadn't received any FM09's. I ended up downloading the game through steam. Also added to this my nearest EB is a 6 hour round trip in the car!

So who knows what the answer is.

I am beginning to think this is the whole issue here. I think there is only a small number of players in NZ and this plays against us.

Most people I know play the game.

Also with football being on the rise over here fm will only get more popular. I think the main problem here is Kiwis couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery if it was already organised for them (which has been my experience since moving here a few years ago).

Most people I know play the game.

Also with football being on the rise over here fm will only get more popular. I think the main problem here is Kiwis couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery if it was already organised for them (which has been my experience since moving here a few years ago).

Haha that could be the issue, there is also the senselessness of not trying to jump on the football bandwagon as it grows in NZ.

I know a lot of people who play, but it is really a minority game here right now.

Not sure, but I would be guessing somewhere between 2 & 4gb...

Ha. Considering I have a 3gb monthly cap - and the game is released in the same monthly period as the demo which I've already downloaded - I guess I won't be downloading it from steam.

which is a shame - guess i'll just bite the bullet and wait a week to get it from mightyape. they've certainly been brilliant over the years when i've ordered FM, and plenty of other items, from them.

Been into EB today and they confirmed they're getting it on the 6th, although tbh I'm not too fussed about it seeing as I'm thoroughly enjoying my 09 save.

Ended up getting quizzed by the guy about the differences between FM,CM and Fifa Manager because none of the people who work there had a clue :D

Well, I know that this is off topic but I don't want to open a new thread because of this. My question, is, will Singapore get the game on October 30th in the morning local time or in the evening? I live in Singapore and I remember I got FM 2009 last year on the official release date but it was at 6:00pm in the evening!

I honestly don't know why NZ are behind Aus. Delays somewhere in distribution, I guess. I'm sorry about that.

Thats cool Matt, thanks for answering, I was frustrated at the time, but I will stick with my steam download now. It was something that happened last year as well, we got pushed out an extra week over Australia. :)

so, with the unexplained delay to new zealand, i bit the bullet and decided to order from zavvi - not so much to get it any sooner, as it'll probably take at least a week to get to the other side of the world anyway - but the price works out at less than half the price it would have cost me in new zealand (including shipping) - i've got PES10 along with FM10 for the price of FM10 alone in NZ.

I feel a little guilty that I haven't got it from NZ's mightyape this time around, as I normally do, and their service is excellent - the delay obviously isn't their fault.

Sad for SI, as this will surely lead to more people downloading the game illegally

I can only imagine that is going to be what will happen, which surely must be reason enough for Sega to make sure that the distribution is in place for a worlwide release. If it can be done with 99.9% of all other games, PC, PS3, whatever, then why on earth not FM? Its the biggest selling PC game in the UK, and the fact that football is not the no 1 sport in places liek NZ does not stop the likes of Fifa getting a worldwide release! I went into EB the other day just to confirm the 6th of November date, and they had CM 2010 sitting proudly on their shelves, PLEASE can we get this right NEXT year for FM 2011?? That would be nice! :-)

Archived