Two Gamebreakers

1. Penalties: The goalie NEVER dives. If it is hit to the side it will go in, and if it is hit down the middle it will miss. Newsflash SI, goalies dive about 80% of the time, they barely stay in the middle.

2. Offsides: Terrible, terrible, terrible. Players getting called for offside when they are on the other side of the pitch walking back. Now, unless Jermain Defoe is a jedi and uses the force to influence play, I don't think he should be called for offside.

Love the game otherwise. Last year I couldn't get into the demo so I didn't get the game, but this year I'm loving the demo (and will love the game even more if you fix these two things. I'll be waiting to see if this has been fixed before deciding if I should buy).

It never gets old :))

Nope it doesn't! But i bet it does for Liverpool fans lol... probably been teased more times then a man thinks about sex :p

I agree with Keepers not really diving hope it can be fixed... As it is frustrating... especially when your pen taker goes in the middle lol... then its like "ah you only saved it because you never dive" :rolleyes::D

I've noticed the offside thing, and for the moment, just swear at the ref for being useless.

Keepers do dive though. Although I'll keep a look out for which side they go towards.

I might be wrong on this, but usually, the first patch has various 'match engine' tweaks in it, no? So fingers crossed all the probs will be ironed out.

Is there a thread with a definitive list of 'gamebreakers'? Although 'gamebreakers' is a tad harsh of a label.

Just trying to understand what people have spotted as issues and hoping that SI are 'on the case' with them. Didn't want to clutter the forum with another thread - but if someone feels the need to do so, then do so.

Here's what I've got so far (based on my own probs and what I've read):

- Too many one on ones

- Keepers don't seem to dive to save pens

- Offsides (issue with players walking back into an onside position and not interfering with play)

- Possible issue with goal-scoring (strikers too many, wingers not enough)

- Issue with subbed players not regaining some level of fitness and players finishing games having a better level than their subbed counterparts

Of course, the 'goal scoring' issue might not be an issue at all, as I've not personally noticed it.

Has anyone posted about these "gamebreakers" in the relevant section of the bugs forum with pkm examples?

Both issues have been posted about in the bugs-match engine forum. Also, if you've played the demo at all, you'd be hard pressed not to notice at least the offside-bug..

1. Penalties: The goalie NEVER dives. If it is hit to the side it will go in, and if it is hit down the middle it will miss. Newsflash SI, goalies dive about 80% of the time, they barely stay in the middle.

2. Offsides: Terrible, terrible, terrible. Players getting called for offside when they are on the other side of the pitch walking back. Now, unless Jermain Defoe is a jedi and uses the force to influence play, I don't think he should be called for offside.

Love the game otherwise. Last year I couldn't get into the demo so I didn't get the game, but this year I'm loving the demo (and will love the game even more if you fix these two things. I'll be waiting to see if this has been fixed before deciding if I should buy).

Agree with the offside bug it's absolutely atrocious at the moment.

But my keeper just saved a penalty put to his right hand side (will monitor it though)

Has anyone posted about these "gamebreakers" in the relevant section of the bugs forum with pkm examples?

Surley the offside bug wouldnt need to be spelled out to SI developers/testers ,it's a glaring bug that must have been picked up...or at least ,i would hope they wouldnt miss something so obvious.

While were on the subject of 'gamebreaking' ,has anybody else noticed that touchline instructions from the previous match are still set up when you start off the next match?

I did open a thread about it but got absolutley no response to it.

Is there something im missing or not doing to stop the touchline instructions?

Surley the offside bug wouldnt need to be spelled out to SI developers/testers ,it's a glaring bug that must have been picked up...or at least ,i would hope they wouldnt miss something so obvious.

Whether it is or not, reporting the bug should always be done.

and unless I'm mistaken, offsides seem to be given before the ball is even played sometimes?? telepathic referees would be useful IRL!

Yes, that happens. I just watched a match in extended mode and it happens so often that now I am not sure there is a bug with the offsides, maybe they just didn't implement passive offsides?

Ive been looking out for the keeper diving on penalties and so far have had about 4 penalties,with only one keeper moving/diving.The keeper dived to the right,the ball hit the post and then hit the keeper on the head before going in!

I must say I haven't noticed the offside thing, but the penalty thing is annoying IN SHOOTOUTS. In normal match penalties, there is no problem apart from the keeper always going the right way.

Most penalty shootouts in FM09 and FM10 go to about 20-30 penalties, with all but 1 scored.

• Administrators
I must say I haven't noticed the offside thing, but the penalty thing is annoying IN SHOOTOUTS. In normal match penalties, there is no problem apart from the keeper always going the right way.

Most penalty shootouts in FM09 and FM10 go to about 20-30 penalties, with all but 1 scored.

Again if you've got a shootout pkm example of this, upload it and we can try and fix it. Thanks.

Archived