Should FM have a Chairman/Owner Option

Should FM have an option of Manager/Chairman/Owner?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Should FM have an option of Manager/Chairman/Owner?

Do you think FM you have an option where you can play the game as either manager, chairman/owner?

as we've seen in the recent years club being bought by bilionairs and for the likes of chelsea the owner say what player he want.

Personally I always wanted that option to own a club.

what y'all think?

This thread is no different to your other thread about 2 below this.... apart from the poll of course :)

However, new thread same principle, so i voted no!

I just find out about the poll sorry but I don't know how to close the other one

Not a good idea I'm afraid.

Can you name just 1 Manager/Chairman who does both jobs at the same time?

If there is one out there then SI sort it out we need this feature. :D

as a manager you do coaching scouting accountant and stuff. what's wrong with beeing a chairman manager?

It's ridiculous. SIMULATING A CHAIRMAN IS BORING!

it's chairman manager

dont you have the option of manage or deleget a coach for reserve and u18? so it's the same just that you got control on more things

Don't mean to be dismissive, Rudboy, but it's been discussed to death on these forums. The overwhelming answer is "NO."

If you want full explanations, a search should bring up a dozen or so threads. But basically, it will be very, very boring.

For someone, yes. But not for everyone. If I don't like something on FM, it's playing matches and doing tactics, but I am strong in finances, training and such things. However, Chairman/Owner option would require another 'level' of the game, as signing contracts with sponspors, negotiating with city hall, all regarding organisation and as owner, doing your own bussiness (drilling oil somewhere in UAE). S it would quite impossible to do I guess :D

Do you think FM you have an option where you can play the game as either manager, chairman/owner?

as we've seen in the recent years club being bought by bilionairs and for the likes of chelsea the owner say what player he want.

Personally I always wanted that option to own a club.

what y'all think?

Oh yes.. Good idea.... :D

Well, this thread pretty much sums up GD at the moment with the replies being:

"ha. yes, great idea because it is soo much fun" Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit people!

And in response to the OP, it is a no from me. Simply because it would get very boring, very quickly. As much as the idea may appeal to you now, once you have done it for a short while. There is only so much enjoyment that you can get out of being chairman. If you're manager is doing well and you are financially stable, what can you do to spice up the game?

Im trying to work out what exactly you would be doing thats different.

Currently the AI chairman sets as financial budget, offers a manager a contract and erm... yea - thats it.

To be honest, the current 'manager' option is far beyond what most managers ever get the opertunity to do. Very few managers fully negotiate with their players for contracts -they tell the board who is indispensable, who they want to keep and who can go - but (depending on the manager) the chairman will almost always do the contract negotiations and negotiate with other clubs for players.

Obviously managers like alex ferguson probably does FAR more than most other managers based on his experiance and the fact he would quit if anyone interfered - but almost everyone else (especially those with directors of football) wont do half the things he game already puts into place.

Basically - what im saying - is that what the op wants is ALREADY in the game.

Hey, maybe they should go the whole hog & you can apply for any position at the club. You could be a director - just go on holidays in between meetings with the other directors, chairman & manager. Or head groundsman; if you paint the pitch lines perfectly, you get a Xmas bonus, which you can use to buy a pie from the free match you're allowed to watch. (Maybe i could even work in the shop - baking & selling those pies....hmmm....the list is endless.) ;)

Just thinking of new names incase anyone wants to rival the great Football Manager....

How about: Football Groundsman '10

Football Shopkeeper '10

Football Bootboy '10

Football Programme Seller '10

Football Hooligan '10

Football Taxi '10

Football Coach Driver '10

Football Physio '10

Football Medics Delivery Man '10

"You forgot to deliver 2 rolls of bandages this week. Your supervisor has informed you that this is not acceptable" :)

How about Football Mascot 10

Or Football Ball Boy10

Even better!

"You threw the ball back too quickly at the end of the game. As a result of this, our opponents scored a late winner. You have been given a lifetime ban from the ground. Please leave your shell suit & badge for the groovy club on the desk."

Football Steward 2011 - Manage The Crowd Like Never Before! - Feel the excitement of keeping the crowd calm and orderly during your teams weekly matches, the anticipation of European nights. New features for FS10 include realistic weather based on real world weather reports, equip your steward with gloves during the winter months to ensure he/she is at full fitness, and for the first time ever you can now see your steward in the match engine.

You can now respond to fan criticism and eject fans from the ground, but be warned you maybe charged by your club should you be too heavy handed with supporters.

It is your job to patrol the ground during the game to ensure order and harmony amongst the fans. Have you got what it takes to be a Head Steward? - FS2010 coming soon!

• SI Staff

We've got plenty to do just with the manager role at the moment so we're not looking to branch into other areas at this time and if we were I think that being a chairman / owner would be fairly low down on the list.

Football Steward 2011 - Manage The Crowd Like Never Before! - Feel the excitement of keeping the crowd calm and orderly during your teams weekly matches, the anticipation of European nights. New features for FS10 include realistic weather based on real world weather reports, equip your steward with gloves during the winter months to ensure he/she is at full fitness, and for the first time ever you can now see your steward in the match engine.

You can now respond to fan criticism and eject fans from the ground, but be warned you maybe charged by your club should you be too heavy handed with supporters.

It is your job to patrol the ground during the game to ensure order and harmony amongst the fans. Have you got what it takes to be a Head Steward? - FS2010 coming soon!

Ha! Ha! THIS is the best one YET!!!! :thup::p:p:p

We've got plenty to do just with the manager role at the moment so we're not looking to branch into other areas at this time and if we were I think that being a chairman / owner would be fairly low down on the list.

I really think you should consider the Football Steward '11 idea though before someone else steals the idea. ;)

Football Plumber '11

Have you won the the contract to look after your teams pipes? Picture the scene; it's winter, 0 degrees & just two hours to kick off. There's no hot water & it needs fixing to keep you out of deep water and to keep your contract, which is currently up for renewal. Have you got what it takes to work the wrench? Will 'Pete the Plumber' undercut your quote for the new contract? Thrills & spills from the very first nut you tighten

Football Plumbers Mate '11

Picture the scene; it's winter, 0 degrees & just two hours to kick off. You've had a heavy night on the town, when you get the call from the guy wou work for, telling you that there's no hot water at the ground & it needs fixing now. Will you be able to get out of bed with that thumping headache & raging thirst? Are you still over the limit to drive? Decide whether you have what it takes to continue to be Football Plumbers Mate '11

Football Plumbers Mate '11

Picture the scene; it's winter, 0 degrees & just two hours to kick off. You've had a heavy night on the town, when you get the call from the guy wou work for, telling you that there's no hot water at the ground & it needs fixing now. Will you be able to get out of bed with that thumping headache & raging thirst? Are you still over the limit to drive? Decide whether you have what it takes to continue to be Football Plumbers Mate '11

This would be brilliant! Not sure I can wait until '11, surely they can bring out a game for '10?!

The only good thing about this thread are the fantastic spoof ideas being put forward! Honorouable mentions for Football Scoreboard Keeper, Team Coach driver and Plumber!

There are so many compelling reasons why the idea put forward by the OP is absolutely terrible. Most of them have been covered above and I'm sure I've written a few posts in the past detailing why its a direction the game will never and should never take.

Archived