How many years can you last on 1 FM game?

on FM 08 my game alwasy bugged once you reach 10 years.

on FM09 I never pass the 12 years. (got bored of dominating so I always start another game 7 and also I don't have much free time to play FM)

So i want to know how long have you last on FM09

and how long do you think you can last in FM10

I got to 2015 in my Leeds game and 14 games into the season I'd won 13 and drawn 1, conceded about 5. I was 5 points clear of Man City and the next challengers were another 5 behind so I got bored and started a new one.

I'm in 2014 after 2 1/2 years with MTZ Ripo (Feb 08-June 10), a year with Farsley (June 10-June 11), 2 years with Basel (July 11- JUne 13) and a year and a bit with Inter (July 14-Present).

on FM 08 my game alwasy bugged once you reach 10 years.

on FM09 I never pass the 12 years. (got bored of dominating so I always start another game 7 and also I don't have much free time to play FM)

So i want to know how long have you last on FM09

and how long do you think you can last in FM10

I played FM08 for 14 seasons and never had a problem. You can play for as long as you want.

woaw that's long and the game did bugged?

Had only minor problems with the game (maybe a crash or 2, new stadium bug, but that was solved with the 9.3patch).

Played in Romania and I still have the game...was wondering if the game actually ends somewhere..because I am already 82 years old ("wily old manager")

I guess I`ll never find out...fm 10 looks really good.

I tend to play for about 15 seasons or so, at the end of those I usually end up at one of the bigger teams (traditional ones or ones with a sugar daddy take over in game) and start winning about everything there is to be won. Not that hard in FM 09 when you sign the right young players (regens, many of them were perhaps a little to good at 20)...

Also has something to do with my game speed: as I like to run quite a lot of leagues, game speed does become an issue for me after a season of 15.

It is therefore nice to start a new game by then, because the "renewed" gamespeed is really "refreshing", as is a new start and change of surroundings.

If FM 2010 really is as good as I hope it 'll be, I might have a go at Dafuge's challenge before Christmas. Never started that low (League 2 was the lowest I think)..

Archived