Lag in 2D

My FM10 is working perfectly and is really quick. However the 2D match engine does lag a bit. It's not as smooth as FM 08 was. Why is this happening? And also the cursor keeps flashing on the screen and does not stay constant. It also disappears at times.

My system specs:

Pentium 4, 2.24GHz processor

2GB RAM

32 mb video card (Some weird SIS card)

Will getting a graphic card (say FX 5500) solve this problem? Or should i go increase RAM? The minimum RAM is 512 (so say the game specs) so 2Gb should be enough right? Someone told me that the 2D lag is because of Slow HDD rate and not lack of video card. Is that correct? Thanks a lot :)

Right your 32mb video card is no good and this is the reason your struggling with the 2d and yes a fx5500 is a ok but a very cheap end of the market graphics card.

I would try and get a 8800 gts if you can thats a bit more in price but a much better card long term.

I need a video card just temporarily because i will be getting a laptop within 4-6 months. So if the 5500 is good enough to fix my lag problems and also maybe make 3D work i am happy enough...

8800 would be a bit beyond budget since it's just a temporary solution..

Archived